• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phew! What a scorcher!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew! What a scorcher!

Temperatures in parts of England and Wales are set to top those in Spanish resorts as the hot spell continues.
    Unbroken sunshine and temperatures of 33C (91F) were forecast in London, higher than in Ibiza - 31C (88F) - and the Canary Islands - 27C (81F).

The Met Office has issued its second health heatwave warning of the summer, and reminded people to stay hydrated.

Scotland will see rainy patches while temperatures elsewhere could beat July records on Wednesday, say forecasters

... bring it on...

Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today. Beautiful...

Now sadly I've got to do some work... blo0dy clients...
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The difference between us and the costas is that they have wall to wall sunshine for 4 or 5 months a year - I believe it is called summer. We are momentarily plunged into hell and then it's back to drizzle and woolly jumpers

Comment

They will have penty of water and air-conditioned homes. We will not.

Comment

I have spent most of this summer chasing a farken cricket ball around the field! What a waste of beautiful weather!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            The difference between us and the costas is that they have wall to wall sunshine for 4 or 5 months a year - I believe it is called summer. We are momentarily plunged into hell and then it's back to drizzle and woolly jumpers
            Not sure where you live but where i am we dream of drizzle

Seems like we've only had about 2 inches of rain in two years

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today.
              ahhh! good boy. Hope you finished the bottle. it's only fair
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                Well, it certainly was a Pimms #1 lunchtime today. Beautiful...

Now sadly I've got to do some work... blo0dy clients...
                Are you a ginger ale or lemonade man, hyperD?

Comment

LB - Lemonade - although I try to avoid the stuff with Sodium Benzoate and Saccharin because it tastes quite ghastly.

Not tried it with Ginger but I noticed the other day Pimms #3 Winter. I guess the traditional brand has diversified?

Mrs Goof - Sadly, I have to leave a little in the bottle otherwise the trouble 'n' strife will get quite arsy to the fact that I've downed a bottle of Pimms while relaxing in the garden and at the same time kicking her redecorating budget into touch.

Even the fecking cleaner has given me a dirty look because I've had another one...

oh well, doghouse, here we come...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Cheap air con!

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113283/
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X