• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie recruiters (not) getting back to you following interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie recruiters (not) getting back to you following interview

We like to complain about agents, but I have found them very good at getting back to me with feedback if I have attended an interview and been unsuccessful.

Has anyone (who will admit to attending and failing a permie interview) noticed an increasing tendency not to get back to unsuccessful candidates, even to advise they have been unsuccessful? I've had four unsuccessful permie interviews over the last seven years, and apart from one who had the decency to tell me I had been unsuccessful, I have had:

- No response, but when I followed up, I was advised that the post had been withdrawn and they apologised for not getting back to me.
    - No response, and when I followed up with the interviewer, I was advised to contact HR overseas, who failed to respond to my emails three times.
    - No response, following a second interview, when I had taken the trouble to take two days off work, prepare a presentation etc. I have followed them up now out of curiosity, more than anything.

Obviously, this is the way the world works now, but I find the lack of courtesy staggering. It really would only take 2 minutes to drop me an email saying I've been unsuccessful but thank you.

Fingers crossed for the permie job (Boo! I know) that I actually want - have just had fourth(!) interview.

Why do you want to go to the darkside anyway ???
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Fourth Interview! fook that!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Why do you want to go to the darkside anyway ???
        My background (employed and contracting) is entirely in NHS. I have a very nice niche, but if I want out, and I do, to a different sector, industry and job function, I can't do that as a contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Fourth Interview! fook that!
          Two face to face and two on phone with people overseas. Just the way it is.

Comment

Did one on line test and botched it completely.
            Agent got back to me and explained they were not interested but he had another opening for another company.

One phone interview for a different company and I felt it sliding away as we talked.
            Heard nothing back.

As I wanted neither job I did not care, I just wanted to see what questions they were asking.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Got feedback from the recent non-respondent (following second interview) with apologies that the hiring manager said he'd contacted me.

In other news, my source tells me I have passed the fourth interview. Unsure of what next stage is (fifth interview? )

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Unsure of what next stage is (fifth interview? )
                You provide that final bit of free consultancy for them, and they implement it with great success, saving the business millions in the short-term and even more in the long-term. Unfortunately, you see none of this because they took your advice, and got someone else to implement it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  You provide that final bit of free consultancy for them, and they implement it with great success, saving the business millions in the short-term and even more in the long-term. Unfortunately, you see none of this because they took your advice, and got someone else to implement it.
                  I don't have the expertise (hence the permie application).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Two face to face and two on phone with people overseas. Just the way it is.
                    Why would an NHS employer be conducting interviews from overseas?

Or are the LibDemaTories flogging it all off to Yank private health companies on the quiet?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X