• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah for the Blackshirts - favourite Daily Mail stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah for the Blackshirts - favourite Daily Mail stories

Here's one of mine

New evidence 'shows MMR link to autism' | Mail Online

Any article about Winterval of course.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ying-crap.html

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

More top notch science reporting.

cannabis joint can cause psychiatric episodes similar to schizophrenia as well as damaging memory | Mail Online

Comment

Who could forget this one?

Pupils ordered to wear goggles to play conkers at school in 'nanny state' ruling | Mail Online

Comment

Yes, Elf and Safety is good.

I like the strong and consistent line they take against asylum seekers. Here is one from 1938:

The way stateless Jews from Germany are pouring in from every port of this country is becoming an outrage. The number of aliens entering the country through the back door is a problem to which the Daily Mail has repeatedly pointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I like the strong and consistent line they take against asylum seekers. Here is one from 1938:
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Old Greg again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Old Greg again.
                I was being a bit naughty. To be fair to them, you have to understand the 1938 article within the context of the 1933 'Youth triumphant' editorial of Lore Rothermere:

The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing upon Germany.

Comment

The best ones are where they combine their cutting edge science reporting with their relentless upholding of family values. Like this headline from 1993:

Abortion hope after 'gay genes' finding

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

What was the date of that article in 1938? Was is before or after Kristallnacht? In any case, the Nuremberg laws had been passed in 1935 and the bombing of Guernica by the luftwaffe was in 1937, so it must have been quite clear by then that those refugees were fleeing a rather unpleasant regime.

Comment

Working...
                    X