• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Karma in a small world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karma in a small world

3 months ago, and purely by luck, I got a kick in at someone who made the mistake of bad-mouthing me at a previous client.

And within the last week I have been lucky enough to inform my current client the truth about an organisation that had previously peed me off and is now trying to get work with them.

Anyone else been this fortunate?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I have been lucky enough to inform my current client the truth about an organisation that had previously peed me off and is now trying to get work with them.
    You call that lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You call that lucky?
      Oh yes. My current client wasn't impressed by them anyway and appreciated a truthful insight into the reality of working with them, as opposed to the sales spin they were deluged with.

Comment

The fact that you take joy and boast about visiting spiteful revenge upon those that have disappointed you reveals a lot about you. All you've really achieved is to reinforce the views of your victims which could come back on you in the future.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          The fact that you take joy and boast about visiting spiteful revenge upon those that have disappointed you reveals a lot about you. All you've really achieved is to reinforce the views of your victims which could come back on you in the future.
          WTF are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            That karma's a real bitch.

Comes back to bite you when you least expect it.
            Indeed. No names.

Comment

3 months ago, and purely by luck, I got a kick in at someone who made the mistake of bad-mouthing me at a previous client.

And within the last week I have been lucky enough to inform my current client the truth about an organisation that had previously peed me off and is now trying to get work with them.

Anyone else been this vindictive?
              ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Anyone else been this fortunate?
                Unprofessional in my opinion, If I was your client I would be well shot of you.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  ftfy

Interesting the number of people that think the recipients behaviour was acceptable but that telling the truth about them when asked, isn't.

Ooooops! Maybe I should have thanked them for bad-mouthing me and lying about delivering?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    Unprofessional in my opinion, If I was your client I would be well shot of you.
                    Very professional actually. My client is grateful that I have their interests at heart. Do you think they would have thanked me if they had on-boarded an organisation that lies and fails to deliver and I had revealed after the event that I had worked with them previously and that was their previous behaviour?

Comment

Working...
                    X