• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron hails breakthrough tax deal in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron hails breakthrough tax deal in Europe

The end is nigh for all tax avoiders - big or small!!!

"David Cameron has called a Europe-wide agreement on tackling tax avoidance as a "turning point", after Google's boss urged politicians to "sort" the system.

EU leaders agreed countries should work together to ensure more transparency.

At the Brussels meeting, EU leaders agreed that there should be "automatic information exchange between tax authorities" to monitor the situation.

Member states also resolved that governments should share information on who really owns and controls every company."

BBC News - Cameron hails tax 'turning point' after Google criticisms

So there you have it - Cameron will be monitoring the tax situation, I forsee sleepless nights among aggressive tax avoiders!!!

You do realise that this is all 'blah, blah and even more blah'? I expect that there will be a caveat to the tune of "you're a big company and donate to our party and we both went to school together so we'll turn a blind eye to some of your more nefarious tax deals and then appoint you to a nice position on a quango or in HMRC".
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      You do realise that this is all 'blah, blah and even more blah'?
      No, I am certainly they are deadly serious this time - things will become more "transparent"!

With such idiots in charge it is probably against Directors' fiduciary duty not to avoid tax

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Will this much vaunted transparency reveal anything about Bliar's dealings?

Or is that too much to expect?
        You've forgotten your reality pills this morning haven't you?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          You've forgotten your reality pills this morning haven't you?
          "I haven't,"

said the neon pink star nosed mole to the begonia.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            "I haven't,"

said the neon pink star nosed mole to the begonia.
            I saw one of them under the duvet this morning...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I saw one of them under the duvet this morning...
              Frisky little blighters, what what! Given them an inch, they'll take a mile!

Wire brush and dettol for you my good lad.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Will this much vaunted transparency reveal anything about Bliar's dealings?

Or is that too much to expect?
                Oh come on, Tony paid £315,000 in tax..........on £12m income declared to HMR&C.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Oh come on, Tony paid £315,000 in tax..........on £12m income declared to HMR&C.

So he is now the CFO at Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    So he is now the CFO at Amazon?
                    Blair's company paid just £315,000 tax on income of more than £12m - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Tony said in 1994:

"We must tackle abuse of the tax system," Mr Blair said then. "For those who can employ the right accountants, the tax system is a haven of scams, perks, City deals and profits.

"We should reward people who work hard and do well. We should not make our tax rules a playground for revenue avoiders and tax abusers who pay little or nothing while others pay more than their share."
                    Last edited by DimPrawn; 23 May 2013, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X