• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insomnia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia

Why is it that feeling half asleep all day I now, at 12.10am, feel wide awake? more so than I have at any other point during the day.
    Coffee's for closers

The stimulation provided by the intellectual cut and thrust of the debate in General

- as opposed to the tedium of work?

Comment

been there its a real bitch

Here is a technique that worked for me.

Cut out caffeine of any sorts (thats normally enough on its own)

1) Set your alarm for an arbitrary time in the morning (mines 5.45)
      2) Get up every morning at that time as soon as the alarm goes off
      3) Stay up till you feel drowsy and start feeling the urge to nod off.

For the first few nights you might be up till 12 or 1 in the morning but dont worry you will be getting the same sleep as you would have if you tossed and turned all night. over the next few weeks your body will realise that you are not ******* about and that it will be dragged out of its pit at the same time each morning regardless of what it thinks and as a result it will start to regulate you at the other end of the day.

Give it two weeks see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Why is it that feeling half asleep all day I now, at 12.10am, feel wide awake? more so than I have at any other point during the day.
        I get that. But in my case it's stress.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I get that. But in my case it's dementia.
          ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You are a vampire. Or a werewolf. Or Australian. Or an Australian vampire werewolf.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You took a contract as a Security Guard working a night shift.

So relax, you're doing great.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I get that. But in my case it's stress.

Knobber
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Me too, went to bed at 10pm, up at 11.30pm watching The Tudors.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Knobber
                    You still ovulating?
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X