• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blacklisted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklisted.

Anyone been threatened with blacklisting. I went through the process of sueing an agency earlier in the year and the main concern from peers was blacklisting.

Theres 1000's of agencies and very few work together. There is no such thing as a blacklist - so for all of you newbies - never be afraid to tell an agency to go **** themselves.

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Funnily enough I blacklisted a certain agency (stupidly large agency) after the agent was taking a 35% cut from the contract.
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

I dont believe there is any such thing.... agents don't even trust their mothers so I doubt they would listen to a competitor telling them 'don't touch this guy with all this experience, oh no no no....'
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

You could probably get blacklisted "within a group" like S3 but I've pissed them off so many times and I'm working through them at the moment.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

There is no 'blacklist' - much as the agencies would love you to believe it.

They need you and you need them - and slagging works both ways.

Even if you've mightily pissed off one client, agencies are happy to sell you on to the next as a paragon of professionalism - that's how they make their money.

Blacklist? My arse

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            There is no 'blacklist' - much as the agencies would love you to believe it.

They need you and you need them - and slagging works both ways.

Even if you've mightily pissed off one client, agencies are happy to sell you on to the next as a paragon of professionalism - that's how they make their money.

Blacklist? My arse
            Yep.

Does not stop you from blacklisting them though...
            http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mate, as long as you are worth money to them they wont blacklist you!

Mailman

Comment

Because I turned down a contract after being accepted by the client; the little b1tch at Allegis said I will be blacklisted.
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                X