• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this forum too hard on newcomers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this forum too hard on newcomers?

Poll to follow.
    Yes, we should give a break until 100 posts reached
    16.13%
    No, they can take it
    74.19%
    It was only too hard on AndyW
    9.68%

Everyone is warned

All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.
    and to be honest most newcomers ask such stupid questions that they really do deserve it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I don't remember people being particularly hard on me, there was some robust banter and a bit of name calling but that is all part of the fun IMO.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Ah.

No.

Ted.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope. Man up.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

This forum set the benchmark in being hard on newcomers back in 2009. Me and the bedwetter movement have made it what it is today.

Can we put it back again now please?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Thats a ******* tulipe AndyW option. Have you ever done a poll before?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sometimes. But you'd expect someone to lurk a bit first, not post a tittish first question, and stop being a tit when the error of your ways is pointed out.
                Or call Sas names - that usually gets a laugh.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Or call Sas names - that usually gets a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Sometimes. But you'd expect someone to lurk a bit first, not post a tittish first question, and stop being a tit when the error of your ways is pointed out.
                    I did that.

I lurked.

Used the search facility.

Asked people I knew in real life questions.

Then started posting.

I got negative reps with nasty sexist messages, including one full private message, from one particular person for about a year because I'm opinionated and female.

That person subsequently got banned repeatedly when they turned on other blokes in the open.

Other posters including the ones I've met in real life but not revealed who I am are generally nice people.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X