• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use Sky On Demand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use Sky On Demand?

They've a cracking deal on which includes On Demand, which I understand is their competitor to YouView... but is it any good, or no better than just using iPlayer/4OD apps on the PS3/XBox?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They've a cracking deal on which includes On Demand, which I understand is their competitor to YouView... but is it any good, or no better than just using iPlayer/4OD apps on the PS3/XBox?
    it's OK just another streaming service and useful for the catch up stuff, most of the good stuff is in their "store" which is chargeable

What is the cracking deal as I'm considering dumping Sky as over priced tosh..
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sky == Utter crap. And expense crap at that.

HTH BIDI

Comment

It downloads to your Sky box, where you can then watch it as any other recorded programme. Which is good as it means you can always watch the highest quality HD version without worrying about any issues of the streaming being able to keep up. And you can stop half way through, and watch the rest later.

My TV has iPlayer etc., but is lower quality.

But for the most part, these things are all the same.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

What is the cracking deal as I'm considering dumping Sky as over priced tosh..
          Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Sky == Utter crap. And expense crap at that.

HTH BIDI
          As an O2 broadband customer Sky are offering me free Sky (including dish + box) with all channels except sports/movies but including 3D, catchup, Atlantic, and free unlimited broadband for 12 months if I switch - £14/month line rental for phone+internet+sky. It's a 12-month contract so I can leave after the free period and keep the box for free channels.

Comment

As an O2 broadband customer Sky are offering me free Sky (including dish + box) with all channels except sports/movies but including 3D, catchup, Atlantic, and free unlimited broadband for 12 months if I switch - £14/month line rental for phone+internet+sky. It's a 12-month contract so I can leave after the free period and keep the box for free channels.
            Including HD?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got the full Sky package with HD+ (I've not got 3D yet) and it costs £65pm. I use Anytime quite a lot as it's now got BBC iPlayer and most of the other catch up services - a lot of which are in HD. I like it but it but I can see how non-contractors would baulk at the cost.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The way they have set up on demand and store is feckin annoying.

Take for instance the afternoon film on sky thriller movies the two jakes, it is the 1990 sequel to chinatown, so I think I will go on demand and download that then watch both films tonight, the cheeky feckers have put chinatown on as pay per view when they were allowing it for download a few weeks ago for free. Charging for a 1974 film is just chancery.

The other week they moved ironman 1 + 2 to pay per view as the ironman 3 was coming out.

I realise it is a business but they have become sneaky coonts at it now and I am moving off SKY for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Including HD?
                  Yeah, it's the Entertainment+ package... 3D, HD, everything but movies & sport.

I'm gutted that F1 channel is no longer available outside sport package though... that would cost £26/month extra

Brilliant deal though - bizarrely if I don't want Sky TV it costs more, obviously they are pushing very hard to get people hooked.

Comment

Yeah, it's the Entertainment+ package... 3D, HD, everything but movies & sport.

I'm gutted that F1 channel is no longer available outside sport package though... that would cost £26/month extra

Brilliant deal though - bizarrely if I don't want Sky TV it costs more, obviously they are pushing very hard to get people hooked.
                    Isn't it still available if you buy HD by itself.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X