• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things Contractors should know, research for articles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things Contractors should know, research for articles

Given that no one died as a result of my last article about contractors for The Register So you want to be a contractor? Well, here's how it works ? The Register I'm going to be doing more of the same, except not quite the same because the damned editor wants each article to be different.

So I'm interested in things of interest to contractors, wannabe contractors, pimps, managers of contractors and their wives.

Stuff like trends in demand, money and skills; tax crap; negotiation, how to spot good/bad contracts and good/bad contractors, style of fing.

The Reg is a mass market (7 million readers per month, 43 million hits) site, so whatever I write will get read.

Either stick stuff here, or email me at dominic dot connor at gmail
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Piss off.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Piss off.

I though MP was the PMT riddled irrational bitch around here
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
        Given that no one died as a result of my last article about contractors for The Register So you want to be a contractor? Well, here's how it works ? The Register I'm going to be doing more of the same, except not quite the same because the damned editor wants each article to be different.

So I'm interested in things of interest to contractors, wannabe contractors, pimps, managers of contractors and their wives.

Stuff like trends in demand, money and skills; tax crap; negotiation, how to spot good/bad contracts and good/bad contractors, style of fing.

The Reg is a mass market (7 million readers per month, 43 million hits) site, so whatever I write will get read.

Please read this first

Linky
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I though MP was the PMT riddled irrational bitch around here
            I was going to be polite but I don't see why all our experiences which are freely shared here should be utilised by someone else for articles on another website that he gets paid for.

Then again he is a typical agent in that respect.

Comment

so whatever I write will earn money
              Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Piss off.
              +1

HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                I'm writing an article on agents and sexism for The Register and was looking for people I could use in my examples.

Comment

suity has many fascinating contractor related stories, feel free to help yourself.

Comment

Should we look forward to an article on how friendly contractors are now?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X