• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin Award - Zookeeper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin Award - Zookeeper

Zoo keeper mauled by tiger 'broke safety rules' | UK news | guardian.co.uk

First rule of zookeeping, don't walk into the Tigers enclosure.

Suicide, by the sound of it

What a mean trick for a supposed animal lover if so, knowing that the tiger might have been put down
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

What a mean trick for a supposed animal lover if so, knowing that the tiger might have been put down
      I thought that as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why would it be put down? It's not a danger to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          It now has a taste for long pig.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It now has a taste for long pig.
            The zoo have already said they're not putting the tiger down.

Their take on it is that she knew she shouldn't have been in there and the tiger did what tigers do.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
              True, but who knows how far officious health & safety officials or insurance agents might hysterically overreact?

If it wasn't suicide she had most likely formed the pathetically misguided idea that she'd made friends with the tigers.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

True, but who knows how far officious health & safety officials or insurance agents might hysterically overreact?

If it wasn't suicide she had most likely formed the pathetically misguided idea that she'd made friends with the tigers.
                She'd been watching Life of Pi.

Comment

She was supposed to be an experienced keeper. I can't imagine she didnt know what was going to happen when she walked through that door. Very sad.

Comment

Probably just me on CUK, assuming it wasn't suicide, who understands her thinking about nice little animals. Yes, rhinos, elephants, blue wales, white sharks, hippos, lions, tigers, they are are all nice little animals, unlike people, who are all tulipty. In the context of nice little animals, size and teeth have nothing to do with it.

Aaaah! what a nice little tiger, you would never bite me would you little tiger? Of course not!
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X