• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failed. I failed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed. I failed.

Needed an application pronto. So decided to RAD the solution which would normally have taken at least 2 weeks to RAD, six weeks to develop properly.

I set myself one day, a feat I could manage ten years back. I blocked the whining of the GF out, sat back and went for it.

Anyway. I've stopped.

I'm tired, not making the progress I used to, have a bad neck and to be plainly honest I cannot be bothered to code on such a nice day. Im going to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

My god, I obviously have a life.

just what we all suspected, you're past it!

Comment

Sad to say. I think I am.

Will have to live on past glories. :b

Comment

If you have any!

Comment

Should have sent it to India. I'm really getting into this "tell them what's wrong before you leave and find it sorted out when you get back in" way of working.

Comment

Re: sorted out when you get back in

Must be different than the ones I have encountered.

Ususally what I have seen is at best "Find it still buggered in the morning, but in a slightly different way". Often it is "Find an e-mail denying there is anything wrong' and occasionally "Find 58 compiles have been run but the same error is still in place.".

Comment

Or "There's a problem with component 'X', please tell us EXACTLY how to fix it."

May as well fix it myself!

Mind you, Indians make great code monkeys!

Comment

I've been attempting to teach the basics of PIC assembler programming.

Some of my esteemed students appear to have difficulty with the concept of the infinite loop...

here

goto here ; yes this is a PIC assembler instruction...
                ;Edward @#%$ must be rolling in his grave.

Religous Wars reference: www.acm.org/classics/oct95/

But then again, instead of "goto here" we could have "continue here"...

Comment

Good for Edward @#%$ I say. He sure gave those Scots a richly deserved hammering. They never used a computed goto again, not until Robert The Bruce won at Bannockburn anyhow.

Comment

I thought that was a GOSUB without a RETURN ?

Quite possibly one of my most favourite commands.

Comment

Working...
                    X