• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extracting CCTV from DVR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracting CCTV from DVR

My neighbour has been bonkers and walked through my hedge while going rather potty.

I have this on cctv from my dvr on memory stick.

I would like to extract this 20 seconds of comedy gold from the one hour memory stick clip.

HP264 player comes with the DVR, but no editing software as such.

Has anyone tried this - any reccomendations for free reliable editing software?

Will upload to youtube once done, for you to see how really bonkers my nutty neighbour is!

Convert it then Windows Movie Maker will do what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Convert it then Windows Movie Maker will do what you need.
      Happy about the Windows Movie Maker aspect, but not sure what you mean by converting?

Comment

Wilmslow, why won't you describe the situation in your own words?

It would save a lot of time and probably your life in case your mafia neighbour fails to see the funny side of this video being on prime time TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          Happy about the Windows Movie Maker aspect, but not sure what you mean by converting?
          Windows movie maker only does wmv it won't handle x264. Search for "any video convertor" and that will do the job, tis free also.

Comment

VLC, or Handbrake - both free. I'd probably recommend Handbrake, but that may be just because I'm used to it - I do also use VLC though
            Last edited by NickFitz; 26 May 2013, 23:44. Reason: Added links.

Comment

Daniusoft video converter.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
                My neighbour has been bonkers and walked through my hedge while going rather potty.

I have this on cctv from my dvr on memory stick.

I would like to extract this 20 seconds of comedy gold from the one hour memory stick clip.

HP264 player comes with the DVR, but no editing software as such.

Has anyone tried this - any reccomendations for free reliable editing software?

Will upload to youtube once done, for you to see how really bonkers my nutty neighbour is!
                Free stuff here: Download Video Editors - page 1 - sorted by last update descending

Should easily be able to find one that saves you from having to do a conversion first (which is a waste of time if all you want is a short section from the file.)
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                X