• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bought the Farm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the Farm

Ok, bought a farm, but hey ho.

Cue the barely thought out insults from the usual suspects. However, I DGAS, as I took 20% off asking, and it's exactly, to the letter, what we wanted, including water course and South South West Facing and everything we wanted out of it.

Give me your worst, but I really wouldn't care.

What kind of farm animals you have there?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You can't rent them by the hour, so I can avoid visits form shaunyboy and MF, but we're looking at turkeys and ducks for commercial purposes, with the other animals being for our consumption only: a rotation of say 6-10 chooks, 2 pigs and a couple of sheep.

We don't move in, until August, so it's planning stage now.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Sorry, Free range poultry, but we'll change that.

Comment

How many acres? (reminds me of a very old joke)
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              Ok, bought a farm, but hey ho.

Cue the barely thought out insults from the usual suspects. However, I DGAS, as I took 20% off asking, and it's exactly, to the letter, what we wanted, including water course and South South West Facing and everything we wanted out of it.

Give me your worst, but I really wouldn't care.

Well done. 20% off the asking in a market that's going up. What a negotiator! Had him over a barrel of course didn't you son.

Of course that's pretty much the end of your contracting career. It's in the middle of nowhere. Theres no work down there and your neighbours think the highlight of the year is the Summer Barn dance at Blackawton.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                it's exactly, to the letter, what we wanted, including water course and South South West Facing and everything we wanted out of it.
                luve it!
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

You'll have to change your username from "Old Hack" to "Old MacDonald".
                  ..He had a farm..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    You'll have to change your username from "Old Hack" to "Old Subu".
                    ..She dreamed a dream as well..
                    ftfy
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X