• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are we so against other people sucess?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the members here are better than the average, affluent, generally better educated and on the whole quite doing well for themselves, so why do we feel the need to shot down when others have a bit of success?
    Last edited by SimonMac; 28 May 2013, 14:23.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Most of the members here are better than the average, affluent, generally better educated and on the whole quite doing well for themselves, so why do we feel the need to shot down when others have a bit of success?
    There is no shortage of this mentality amongst the members of this site. You probably notice that I am often pointing this matter out to them.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Examples?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This explains it in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNYWr0Fypqg

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Examples?
          Old Hack's funny farm?

Mudskipper's rep supremacy?

SasGuru's day rate?

DimPrawn's riches?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Old Hack's funny farm?

Mudskipper's rep supremacy?

SasGuru's day rate?

DimPrawn's riches?

I don't think I've ever bemoaned any of the personal victories of said CUK members.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I don't think I've ever bemoaned any of the personal victories of said CUK members.
              Me either. If some of you have successes in your sad and drab lives and want to boast about it then kudos to you. As long as you remember you'll never me as successful as me, me, me!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Is it something to do with speling and gramer perhaps?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I think it's just that we like to take the piss and we feel comfortable taking the piss out of people who are doing OK.
                  If someone is in trouble then I've found most people to be supportive.

Too serious?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I think it's just that we like to take the piss and we feel comfortable taking the piss out of people who are doing OK.
                    If someone is in trouble then I've found most people to be supportive.

Too serious?
                    WZS

It's mean spirited to rip the piss out of someone much less fortunate than one's self, even if your own conscience allows it other people will tend not to because it violates their natural sense of fair play. You are more likely to get a rebuke than a laugh.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X