• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail top story......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail top story......

How to build a buy-to-let empire: Thousands are doing it to prop up their pension, so should YOU be joining them? | Mail Online

Who said all this funny money wouldn't find it's way into the "real" world.

Boomed!

Fill yer boots!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How to build a buy-to-let empire: Thousands are doing it to prop up their pension, so should YOU be joining them? | Mail Online

Boomed!

Fill yer boots!
    It was buy-to-let the fueled the property boom in Ireland, we all know how that turned out.

It worked out well for me, I payed 30% of the boom price for a house, but still getting boom rent.
    Down side I had to wait 7 years for the bust.

London is already over-priced, too late to get in. Wait for the bust, but it might be a long wait.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      It was buy-to-let the fueled the property boom in Ireland, we all know how that turned out.

It worked out well for me, I payed 30% of the boom price for a house, but still getting boom rent.
      Down side I had to wait 7 years for the bust.

London is already over-priced, too late to get in. Wait for the bust, but it might be a long wait.
      Don't be silly, there's no catch to this. Property prices will rise indefinitely and credit will always be cheap, so everybody will get rich. Stop being a spoilsport.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Boomed!

Fill yer boots!
        Stone him....
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Stone him....
          Not before he's had a chance to default on his mortgage and we've cashed in on the default swap.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I disagree. Prime London will keep going up until there's a house-building program. Simply supply and demand.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I disagree. Prime London will keep going up until there's a house-building program. Simply supply and demand.
              I expect the £ to fall, jobs in London will not pay enough when the £ falls. Less demand.
              When the £ falls they will increase interest rates to stop the fall, more defaults.
              More unemployment, lower rents.

It will not be pretty.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I expect the £ to fall, jobs in London will not pay enough when the £ falls. Less demand.
                When the £ falls they will increase interest rates to stop the fall, more defaults.
                More unemployment, lower rents.

It will not be pretty.
                The pound has been falling for the last few years (deliberate policy) and prices have been rising.
                How does a low pound affect assets priced in pounds? Read a book on basic economics.
                If interest rates rise, that may well be a tipping factor but it won't be because of the deliberate policy of lowering the value of the £.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The pound has been falling for the last few years (deliberate policy) and prices have been rising.
                  How does a low pound affect assets priced in pounds? Read a book on basic economics.
                  If interest rates rise, that may well be a tipping factor but it won't be because of the deliberate policy of lowering the value of the £.
                  Lots of property in London owned by foreigner, low £ = decrease in their investment. The may sell rather the risking further devaluation.

BOE is printing £ there may be a tipping point where the "deliberate policy of lowering the value of the £" becomes a slide.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Probably true. More rich idiots than houses to put them in
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X