• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psychics and ouija boards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychics and ouija boards

There was a fashion, when I was a yonker, for people to claim that they had been abducted by aliens. Then it was the fashion to be born into a new body, but still be able to speak fluent middle english, or whatever.
    The only fashion I didnt really like, because it preyed on vulnerable people, was the psychics. getting in touch with the departed. My first missus used to believe in all that stuff, she used to send off to get her horoscope done, cost a bloomimg fortune.

telling ghost stories in the dark in the back shed, and wondering if the ouija board was going to put us in touch with the spirits

spooky
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Why has the supernatural never caught up with technology? I think I might start working on an Android ghost detection app, I think it would sell rather well.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Why has the supernatural never caught up with technology? I think I might start working on an Android ghost detection app, I think it would sell rather well.
      I think you are on to something there. Really.

Comment

Photo of your palm and app makes a reading.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of reporting random 'detections'.

You're walking not far from a graveyard at night. Your Android suddenly beeps. You look at it. It reports an ethereal presence 50 yards away to the north-east.

What it does after that depends on how much you want to risk a lawsuit for scaring someone sh1tless.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            I expect astrology uses technology to crunch the star charts.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              There was a fashion, when I was a yonker, for people to claim that they had been abducted by aliens. Then it was the fashion to be born into a new body, but still be able to speak fluent middle english, or whatever.
              The only fashion I didnt really like, because it preyed on vulnerable people, was the psychics. getting in touch with the departed. My first missus used to believe in all that stuff, she used to send off to get her horoscope done, cost a bloomimg fortune.

telling ghost stories in the dark in the back shed, and wondering if the ouija board was going to put us in touch with the spirits
              Ha! Used to do the old Quija board thing when we were about 13 - 14. Great fun. And no one was pushing the glass!

Used to tulip myself cycling home afterwards though!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I was thinking more along the lines of reporting random 'detections'.

You're walking not far from a graveyard at night. Your Android suddenly beeps. You look at it. It reports an ethereal presence 50 yards away to the north-east.

What it does after that depends on how much you want to risk a lawsuit for scaring someone sh1tless.
                Well phones have EMF detectors in the sense of the signal strength measurement, so any strange change in signal strength could be a ghost.

Then there is the microphone, so pickup ghost sounds and the camera to "see" ghosts.

So a smart phone and app would make a great ghost hunter device.

I'm sold, when can I buy it?

PS.

If it can detect global warming as well, I'd pay double

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Well phones have EMF detectors in the sense of the signal strength measurement, so any strange change in signal strength could be a ghost.

Then there is the microphone, so pickup ghost sounds and the camera to "see" ghosts.

So a smart phone and app would make a great ghost hunter device.

I'm sold, when can I buy it?
                  Well that might work, but what I meant was that the app simply made it up. It could hook in to GPS so it knew you were close to a likely haunting spot, like a graveyard, and it has access to a clock and calendar so it knows when it is dark in whatever country you are in.

So all in all, it doesn't detect anything really, just provides hours and hours of poo-inducing fun.

xog, I'm doing all your BA work for you here.

Comment

Some spirit manifestations are supposed to be indicated by a fall in temperature so a thermometer is a sort of ghost detector. If you could attract enough ghosts into a box in your kitchen you wouldn't have to buy a fridge. Not sure what attracts ghosts, cheese doesn't work.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X