• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish Fish 'n' Chips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Fish 'n' Chips

Today it was National Fish and Chips day in Ireland, Norrahe, you missed it!!!

ITICA announces fourth annual National Fish & Chips Day — ITICA

Queues
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Irish Fish 'n' Chips

Irish can't do proper fish and chips - no gravy and the mushy peas lack wetness.

And they call the chippy the chipper!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Irish can't do proper fish and chips - no gravy and the mushy peas lack wetness.
      You're a wrong 'un
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        You're a wrong 'un
        Ask him about pea wet.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Took me ages to get used to saying chippy rather than chipper. When I say it at home now people think I'm talking about a bloody carpenter.

Chippy chips are rubbish in Ireland. Whenever my parents come over they always insit on having a chippy tea
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Always preferred the chips in blighty, as it was rare to find a chippy in Ireland that didn't serve frozen chips

Fish and chip shop chips became a staple as a student as you could get a huge bag for 50p which in London was a bargain.

Though I did like chips and curry sauce

Over here they serve "Vlaamse friets" home cut fries with the skins on and often deep fried in butter and served with a mustard or curry mayo, mmmmmmmmm.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Always preferred the chips in blighty, as it was rare to find a chippy in Ireland that didn't serve frozen chips

Fish and chip shop chips became a staple as a student as you could get a huge bag for 50p which in London was a bargain.

Though I did like chips and curry sauce

Over here they serve "Vlaamse friets" home cut fries with the skins on and often deep fried in butter and served with a mustard or curry mayo, mmmmmmmmm.
              Have you been to Belgium yet? Their Frit Kots are something else. Piquante Sauce was my favourite mayo.

Comment

Has anyone here ever eaten a pickled egg? Do they still have them in a giant glass jar, like something you'd keep a fetus in (rather neatly as the comparison goes).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  Have you been to Belgium yet? Their Frit Kots are something else. Piquante Sauce was my favourite mayo.
                  Yep, moules or steak frites
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                  X