• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right to reside? keeping Johnny foreigner off our benefits or discriminatory?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right to reside? keeping Johnny foreigner off our benefits or discriminatory?

EU To Take UK To Court Over Migrant Benefits

EEA nationals: the
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

UKIP - UK Independence Party

Comment

Home | Mail Online
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The English Democrats - The Official Democratic Party of England
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It depends.

"The European Commission has accused Britain of discriminating against EU nationals who have been living and working in the UK."

If it's about people who have been working in the UK and paying contributions to the social security system, then yes, it's discriminatory, because otherwise you're charging people to pay for a mandatory insurance even though they can't claim on it, which is clearly wrong. You can go on blaming the EU if Britain's benefit system is fooked, but it's still a game of 'Blame Somebody Else'. I'm absolutely fine with the idea of 'no benefits for Johnny Foreigner' in the whole of the EU on one condition; no tax and social security contributions for Johnny Foreigner, in the whole of the EU.

To the electorate and government of the UK; your benefit system is a mess. It is nobody else's fault, it is your own mess. Grow up, stop whining and sort it out instead of blaming other people.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Its just more Wail bollox.

Immigrants significantly less likely to claim benefits or use the NHS

Because they're generally hard-working and younger - and the bulk of spending is on age-related healthcare and pensions.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Its just more Wail bollox.

Immigrants significantly less likely to claim benefits or use the NHS

Because they're generally hard-working and younger - and the bulk of spending is on age-related healthcare and pensions.
              nothing to do with the Daily Mail. go back to sleep Grandad.

Comment

There are those that believe that the homogenization of peoples and cultures is a natural progression in man's evolution and that resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It depends.

"The European Commission has accused Britain of discriminating against EU nationals who have been living and working in the UK."

If it's about people who have been working in the UK and paying contributions to the social security system, then yes, it's discriminatory, because otherwise you're charging people to pay for a mandatory insurance even though they can't claim on it, which is clearly wrong. You can go on blaming the EU if Britain's benefit system is fooked, but it's still a game of 'Blame Somebody Else'. I'm absolutely fine with the idea of 'no benefits for Johnny Foreigner' in the whole of the EU on one condition; no tax and social security contributions for Johnny Foreigner, in the whole of the EU.

To the electorate and government of the UK; your benefit system is a mess. It is nobody else's fault, it is your own mess. Grow up, stop whining and sort it out instead of blaming other people.
                  Think there is some logic in there, our benefits seem too generous compared to other countries so I suspect there is a pull factor.

agree our benefit system needs a review. but after the 'bedroom tax' & workfare challenges it looks less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Think there is some logic in there, our benefits seem too generous compared to other countries so I suspect there is a pull factor.

agree our benefit system needs a review. but after the 'bedroom tax' & workfare challenges it looks less likely.
                    Which benefits are too generous?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X