• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how the battle of ideas is won. with a whimper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how the battle of ideas is won. with a whimper

This thread is about global warming. apologies if you are not interested.

For people who have always doubted that the science was settled, and doubted the theory of excessive climate sensitivity, for those who have always doubted the economic sense of abandoning fossil fuels and building windmills, there has always been one big question.
    What will the eventual climb down look like ? will we have to wait till all the zealots die of old age, one by one ? or will there be a big U turn? or will the eco fascists jump onto a new bandwagon ?

Would it be a bang or a whimper ?

Well, we have the answer. One of the biggest drum bangers with political clout in this country, Tim Yeo has now come out and declared that he was really against it all right from the beginning.

in 2009 - no debate.
    'The dying gasps of the deniers will be put to bed. In five years time, no one will argue about a man-made contribution to climate change'
    ' to delay Britain’s investment in low-carbon technology just when other countries are starting to accelerate theirs verges on the Luddite'

yesterday - doubts
    'Yeo insisted such action(going green) is “prudent” given the threat climate change poses to living standards worldwide. But, he said, human action is merely a “possible cause”.'

'Asked on Tuesday night whether it was better to take action to mitigate the effects of climate change than to prevent it in the first place, he said: “The first thing to say is it does not represent any threat to the survival of the planet. None at all. The planet has survived much bigger changes than any climate change that is happening now'

'Although I think the evidence that the climate is changing is now overwhelming, the causes are not absolutely clear. There could be natural causes, natural phases that are taking place'

This is how it will go. We will have to watch them, one by one, backtrack. painfully and in public
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Very well put EO.

Slowly the whole AGW/Climate Change nonesense will slip into oblivion.

Governments will push the "scientists" for more papers to support the idea, as it's a trillion $$$$ industry now, and the sheeple accept the idea that they must pay a guilt tax for using energy.

But slowly it will fade away as the decades go by and none of the alarmist clap trap comes to light. Every natural disaster will have them shouting "climate change!" but they will just look even more ridiculous than they do now.

Of course cretins like assguru will still be a true believer.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Very well put EO.

Slowly the whole AGW/Climate Change nonesense will slip into oblivion.

Governments will push the "scientists" for more papers to support the idea, as it's a trillion $$$$ industry now, and the sheeple accept the idea that they must pay a guilt tax for using energy.

But slowly it will fade away as the decades go by and none of the alarmist clap trap comes to light. Every natural disaster will have them shouting "climate change!" but they will just look even more ridiculous than they do now.

Of course cretins like assguru will still be a true believer.

The first time I was called a denier was when I doubted that the planet would warm 6 degrees by the end of the century, as predicted by computer models.
      Now the models predict a 2 degree rise.
      Isn't it strange how people can be proven completely wrong, yet still convince themselves that they were right all along ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ah yes that famous scientist, Tim Yeo
        Is it cretin fest again today? Carry on ....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          The first time I was called a denier was when I doubted that the planet would warm 6 degrees by the end of the century, as predicted by computer models.
          Isn't it strange how people can be proven completely wrong, yet still convince themselves that they were right all along ?
          They have a lot in common with politicians and economists.

Comment

Maybe you could make a mint by selling property to long-term investment groups on the basis that Scarborough will soon be the next Costa del Sol, as the Med gets too hot for comfort.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

pics blasterbates
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

'Although I think the evidence that the climate is changing is now overwhelming, the causes are not absolutely clear. There could be natural causes, natural phases that are taking place'
                So, it is changing?

Thanks for clearing that up.

edit:
                My view is that this has to be a natural thing, logically. As the ice melts, and cools the oceans, the ice reforms, and the oceans start to warm again, putting it simply. I think any one can deduce that, of course BlasterBates would have issues with this.

What has to be worked out, is are we accelerating it?

But, is it happening.
                Last edited by Old Hack; 30 May 2013, 10:20. Reason: Clarity

Comment

solution to CO2

What would happen if a simple solution were to be found that could cheaply and easily reduce CO2 levels?

..:: Welcome to Nualgi ::..

My feeling is that there are too many people with vested interests coining a living and/or using CO2 as a means of controlling other people, that any solution would be immediately dispatched.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

indeed much like how the ideas for electric car's which was invented in the 70's was quickly bought by the oil companies and then research squashed.

or very similar to how it is proposed that many of the major pharamcutical companies have cures for most the major disesase but simply will not release them as it will mean they loose money

it's nice to live in a world controlled by people who see a dollar bill as more important than human life

Comment

Working...
                    X