• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bath & West County Show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bath & West County Show

After wanting to go and missing the county fair for the last ten years I eventually managed to find myself in the right place and with a day off to boot.

Lovely Aberdeen Angus as best of breed pair. Kangaroo burgers, scrumpy cider, fresh pork and crackling, some real ale, cheese tasters and fun on the fairground.

Oooo ahhhhh my lovelies. Still two more days to go! Anyone else going?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

kinda want to now after that description of it...

and promise of real ale
    Join IPSE

Comment

I wish I could. I love being baffled by the livestock showiing classes (before I slope off to the showjumping, via the beer tent)
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        After wanting to go and missing the county fair for the last ten years I eventually managed to find myself in the right place and with a day off to boot.

Lovely Aberdeen Angus as best of breed pair. Kangaroo burgers, scrumpy cider, fresh pork and crackling, some real ale, cheese tasters and fun on the fairground.

Oooo ahhhhh my lovelies. Still two more days to go! Anyone else going?
        How long did you have to queue to get in? Haven't been for a while but the last time the queues were horrendous

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          How long did you have to queue to get in? Haven't been for a while but the last time the queues were horrendous
          Believe it or not, straight in via Shepton Mallet. No queues in and no queues out. I understand that last year the inlaws said it took an extra hour but not this time.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Living in a rural area there are lots of smaller shows around here at this time of year which I try to visit weather permitting.

Really good fun although I know zip about livestock but the food and drink is brilliant. More horsie country around here.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
            X