• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Many Working From Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Working From Home

What with the hot weather, how many are working from the comfort and coolness of their outside home garden office ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Oh Yes

Comment

My client has agreed for me to work from home ( I live 300 miles away from their offices). I find myself online, on their systems out of hours keeping an eye on things while listening to Classic FM, and not lying awake having an internal conversation about what I'd tackle tomorrow, once I'd beaten the traffic. I've done more in 2 days than I'd thought would be possible.

Comment

yesterday and today

Comment

Teusday and today. Unavoidable meetings Thursday and Friday
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For most of the last 6 years I have done every Friday from home and a few mondays also. But not on this bolloxs of a contract. Its probably a good thing today as the room I use would be so hot that I'd be sweating like Rick Waller in an all you can eat cake shop.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How many times must a man work from home?
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yep, a/c to the max. This year has been exceptionally hot.

Bought two bottles of Pimms just in case. And a few Pink Gins for the ladies.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X