• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans

The weather has turned tulip again but that doesn't stop the weekend, so what are CUK congregation up to this weekend?

I'll start the ball rolling as mine basically started Wednesday as Thursday is a holiday and so working Friday is out of the question. Well Wednesday evening was 4.5 hours spent in pissing down rain on the Autobahn so just had a nive spicy curry in the evening. On Thursday the sun was shining although big black clouds did appear every now and then threatening to burst but never happened so first we went over to Wiesbaden where the start of the Oldtimer Rallye was starting and to have an Eiskaffee. Some lovely cars were seen such as the following:

Then it was back home for the yearly Schlossgrabenfest. A yearly music festival that takes place around the castle moat here in town which is free and well visited. They've cut back on large acts this year, trying to go back to their roots with primarily local acts. Around 100 acts on 4 stages plus 2 club areas, its apparently the largest inner city music free festival in Europe.

Yesterday I saw various different bands, had a few drinks and some excellent pig sandwiches with krautsalat (as Frau D. had to be up early to go to work, we left early so didn't get to see the headliners nor the ban dI wanted to see though.) However some fo the delights to be seen are (possibly not their best tracks):

MIA - MIA. - DUNKELBUNTE ENERGIE
    Selig - Selig - Alles auf einmal (Official Video) - YouTube
    Laith Al Deen - Laith Al Deen - Bilder Von Dir - YouTube
    Deine Jugend - DEINE JUGEND - Mama geht jetzt steil (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube (saw them yesterday)
    Grossstadtgeflüster - Grossstadtgeflüster - Weil das morgen noch so ist - Official HQ - YouTube
    Boppin' B - Boppin' B -- If You Believe Musik Video - MyVideo
    Monster of Liedermaching - Monster of Liedermaching - 4 Meter - YouTube
    Besidos - Besidos - The Escape of the Wedding Band.mov - YouTube and Besidos feat. Steryo - Corba Parasi - YouTube (whom I'll definitely be going to see)
    The Barbers - The Barbers - Don't say goodbye - YouTube (a bunch of young lads and a lady who play in my hairdressers)

Many others such as Okay and the Motherfunkers, Joe Blob and the 69ers, Smells Like Grandma, etc. There is basically all types of music to suit every age and taste. trouble is, the weather has now turned tulip again (I was very nearly sunburnt yesterday)

So this weekend will be mainly music, drink and food.

(Next weekend another music festival starts of which I will also be attending some of the concerts, only you have to pay this time:
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

There's a weird and wacky theatre festival in a nearby town so we'll go and see that this evening. Off to take a look at a second hand contractormobile tomorrow. Sunday, dunno yet.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A long walk to a pub by a river followed by a curry at our local restaurant which is fantastic with GF#2 on Saturday.

Cooking a roast dinner with GF#1 on Sunday.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Here..

Comment

Fly home tonight.
          Tomorrow morning go pick up my new (to me) used car.
          Drive down to the coast to give it a run in and take my mom out to lunch.

The rest of the weekend will probably be spent trying to ignore the garden so I don't have to mow the lawn, whilst making a few barbed comments about why my wife doesn't mow it whilst I'm away during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Here..

Lake Garda? Bellagio?

Wish I was there...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              A long walk to a pub by a river followed by a curry at our local restaurant which is fantastic with GF#2 on Saturday.

Cooking a roast dinner with GF#1 on Sunday.
              You old rogue! Do they know about each other, if not time to invent a generic nickname.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                You old rogue! Do they know about each other, if not time to invent a generic nickname.
                Heh heh! They are aware of each other but not as to their true statuses!

hyperD in "possibly ending up with neither" mode

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

I want to dry hump that car!

Saturday morning I am driving the kids back home after spending half term with me, Saturday afternoon and Sunday I will be spending it with someone who is making SimonMac2.0 very happy at the moment
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Heh heh! They are aware of each other but not as to their true statuses!

hyperD in "possibly ending up with neither" mode
                    They will when #2 turns up early Sun am and #1 is still in your bed.

Between marriages I had two on the go for a while, got sussed when I drove #1 back to #2s house!
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X