• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultation on offshore umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consultation on offshore umbrella companies

from our friends at HMR&C https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...intermediaries

It would seem that the intention is to create a tax and NIC's charge on offshore intermediaries which, if it is not paid, will be passed to the recruiter and, if they fail to pay it will be passed to the end client
    Last edited by LisaContractorUmbrella; 31 May 2013, 09:34.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Well, if anything kills them stone dead, that will...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We need to start a sticky titled 'Why are the agents asking about my banking practices' thread to stave off everyone moaning why the agents have started asking questions that they don't believe to be their business... which it clearly will be after this.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        We need to start a sticky titled 'Why are the agents asking about my banking practices' thread to stave off everyone moaning why the agents have started asking questions that they don't believe to be their business... which it clearly will be after this.
        Nope. they'll just stop dealing with anyone other than through a UK limited company or onshore umbrella
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Nope. they'll just stop dealing with anyone other than through a UK limited company or onshore umbrella
          Yep, that's my take too, it will just be like dropping sole traders.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Well, if anything kills them stone dead, that will...
            Yep don't think there's any way round that one
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Indeed but they will have to ask the questions to make sure that is the case which will get people that don't understand the situation to get twitchy. Hell, enough people have kittens when asked for their passport let alone their tax/banking methods.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Indeed but they will have to ask the questions to make sure that is the case which will get people that don't understand the situation to get twitchy. Hell, enough people have kittens when asked for their passport let alone their tax/banking methods.
                Simple. Look them up on Companies House Websearch. No listing, phone goes down.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Simple. Look them up on Companies House Websearch. No listing, phone goes down.
                  Agents doing research
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

sorry to spoil the OP thunder but this will have no effect on the types of schemes operated by uk IT contractors! This will target the schemes supporting public service workers that have recently been in the news such as teachers and healthcare workers.

Comment

Working...
                    X