• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Tuck Shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Tuck Shop

The two resident fat blokes at my client co. have taken it upon themselves to set up a company tuck shop.

Highly laudable, I'm sure you'd agree but as they are both (permie) resources on my team I find myself carrying the can while they indulge themselves in what I can only assume (judging by their weight) is something of a busman's holiday for the pair.

They spend most of the day ferrying boxes of goodies from the boots of their cars into the reception area where they have set up a trestle table groaning with confectionaries.

In fact, the operation seems to have consumed their entire existence. Our last project meeting descended into farce when they were suddenly at each
    other's throats arguing over whether to take on Tunnocks Caramel Wafers as a "loss leader" or to go up market with Mint Cracknell.

The net result of all this is that I seem to be doing a lot of their work for them.

Not really sure it's worth the odd free Twirl I get as recompense.
    Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 31 May 2013, 12:47.

Will someone not rid us of this meddlesome sockie.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Will someone not rid us of this meddlesome Permie.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mint Cracknel please!

I remember it well. A green, cellophane wrapped, cardboard tray containing two chocolate covered, mint flavoured, slabs of car windscreen.

Nyam Nyam!

Comment

I'm sure a box of Fudge fingers would be a winner.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WHS

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              WHS
              I'd rather keep the sockie and get rid of you, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X