• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zopa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zopa

Well after a year on Zopa with an initial input of £500 it appears that after a year I made around 5.2% return with no defaults whatsoever.

So I've topped that up with another £5000 with a projected rate of 5.1%-5.6%.

What's everyone elses return for Zopians?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well after a year on Zopa with an initial input of £500 it appears that after a year I made around 5.2% return with no defaults whatsoever.

I lent £500 to some people on benefit living in a council estate. I made £25,000 less £2k payment to thugs in order to break a few legs.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Always wondered if Zopa was worth a go mind.

Perhaps I'll stick a few quid. Remind me - can you still get it all back out if you need it urgently?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Rates are going down and down.

There's a lot more people looking to lend money than to borrow it.

Problem with money, is everyone has lots and no one needs any.

Printy printy....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

5-6%? So you made a £25 after a year? With 5k you are in for @£250 a year? Or potentially -£5000. Not really worth the risk, limited upside and full loss downside.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
            5-6%? So you made a £25 after a year? With 5k you are in for @£250 a year? Or potentially -£5000. Not really worth the risk, limited upside and full loss downside.
            Yeh. I dont think you actually risk the £5000 though do you?

Isnt the £5000 spread in £10 chunk so chances are you only lose 1 or 2?
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
              Zopa has a bad debt rate of 0.2% of money lent....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Yeh. I dont think you actually risk the £5000 though do you?

Isnt the £5000 spread in £10 chunk so chances are you only lose 1 or 2?
                Wasn't that how sub-prime went tits up? Packages of packages with no clue what was in them in the end the very banks that had sold the risk were re-buying it back onto their books hidden in several layers of abstraction...

Comment

Making £250 on £5000 a year is

MF, mate you should just reduce your alcohol intake and you'd make 10 fold more every month

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Making £250 on £5000 a year is

MF, mate you should just reduce your alcohol intake and you'd make 10 fold more every month
                    Technically he is reducing his outgoings not making on his savings if he does that.... but
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X