• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The house that MF built

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house that MF built

Having signalled by eventual demise at clientco last month after refusing to move to the US and then coming home early & refusing to go out again in the short term I found myself with time to actually visit the house and building plot I bought year before last & having time to get the ball rolling.

I phoned the tenant to let her know I would be coming down to do a house inspection and would be bringing someone with me to do some measurements as not to freak her out.

Unbeknownest to me said 'measurer' decided to arrive with the builders he is representing and the site foreman, knocking on the door and informing said tenant they were there look at the new build. When I arrived she looked like this

I then had to spend some extra time placating her letting her know I would be building but not until August where if she stayed when they built next door(so she loses most of the garden) she can stay for 1/2 rent. (during the build)

Awaiting the detailed quotes and need to get a contract drawn up, but for those who are interested I'm going to use this thread as a blog to put all the trials and tribulations, plans, costs and pictures of the build as it progresses & to see if I've made a massive mistake or calculated winner on my initial purchase & plan.

Final quotes in next week...
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 1 June 2013, 16:34.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Don't forget to apply for retrospective planning permission...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm going to use this thread as a blog to put all the bedwetting.
      FTFY
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Awaiting the detailed quotes and need to get a contract drawn up, but for those who are interested I'm going to use this thread as a blog to put all the trials and tribulations, plans, costs and pictures of the build as it progresses & to see if I've made a massive mistake or calculated winner on my initial purchase & plan.Final quotes in next week...
        Top man! - I'm very interested in costings for getting the services laid to properties + drainage please include
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Top man! - I'm very interested in costings for getting the services laid to properties + drainage please include
          £650 a metre to connect to main sewers, so I found out today...

Drainage, other than that, fairly cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Don't forget to apply for retrospective planning permission...
            Ignore what atw says nowadays you can build anything you want and the council won't so anything.

In reality you are following the design and plans you have detailed planning permission for?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Ignore what atw says nowadays you can build anything you want and the council won't so anything.

In reality you are following the design and plans you have detailed planning permission for?

Taken from the planning application ... it's eco.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

Taken from the planning application ... it's eco.
                I went there when they filmed the teletubbies. The rabbits were blooming massive (almost MF size)
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I went there when they filmed the teletubbies. The rabbits were blooming massive (almost MF size)
                  What you are saying is you were one of them - you wore a tellytubbies costume?
                  Which one?

Comment

I am building on a building notice. No complex plans as its an exact copy of the existing house.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X