• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redrock Consulting Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redrock Consulting Ltd

Hi guys,
    I have been contacted by this recruitment company, apparently everything looks right but in our first call they asked me for these personal info:
    - date of birth
    - National insurance number
    - Ethnic Origin
    - Any disabilities
    - Marital status
    and later on, for sign a couple of documents (confidentiality form for their Clients and a data protection waiver document), ok, fair enough.

I did my research, website(IT Recruitment Agency | Search for Jobs in IT and Telecoms), maps street viewer(doesn´t looks like a company building), they even have linkedin profiles(but profile photos seems to me as those that have been taken from a facebook profile, scam? or maybe I´m a stupid guy criticising that, sorry in advance)

Maybe I´m wrong but I´m still having this strange feeling...

Do you have any experience with these guys? suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Izzy
    Last edited by iandres; 2 June 2013, 09:39.

Originally posted by iandres View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have been contacted by this recruitment company, apparently everything looks right but in our first call they asked me for these personal info:
    - date of birth
    - National insurance number
    - Ethnic Origin
    - Any disabilities
    - Marital status
    and later on, for sign a couple of documents (confidentiality form for their Clients and a data protection waiver document), ok, fair enough.

I did my research, website(IT Recruitment Agency | Search for Jobs in IT and Telecoms), maps street viewer(doesn´t looks like a company building), they even have linkedin profiles(but profile photos seems to me as those that have been taken from a facebook profile, scam? or maybe I´m a stupid guy criticising that, sorry in advance)

Maybe I´m wrong but I´m still having this strange feeling...

Do you have any experience with these guys? suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Izzy
    The company has been around since 2005 according to Companies House.

Maybe they are more geared to permies, hence the silly questions.

If you are applying for a specific gig, play their games.
    If they are contacting you on spec, tell them to do one!

Comment

Just give them the details but with typos.
      Like the queen I have a second birthday I use for websites etc

Comment

I know these guys - although they've always called me about permie jobs -

They're genuine. Not sure why they'd want all that information up front though.

Comment

I got my last-but-one contract through them. No problems.

Comment

Clients sometimes ask for this stuff

There is a charade where clients pay Kroll or another background checking from 130 quid to make sure you're clean, having this data could enable them to pretend that a meaningful check is done.

Also some clients want to check the minoritiness of applicants for jobs, hence the ethnic/disability crap.

However, it is also the case that several firms I've had as clients explicitly forbid the agent from telling them the age/race/faith/sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation of candidates.

The idea being that if they don't know, how can you claim they discriminate against you ?

No, I don't think that works well either, but that doesn't stop it being true.
            My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Working...
            X