• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard from wxman? -Three storm chasers killed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard from wxman? -Three storm chasers killed

A group of men who devoted their lives to hunting powerful storms died in the middle of the chase.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

It's not him (pretty sure), horrible nevertheless

Comment

A bit of a wake-up call to many of the other chasers though.

(Not wxman, he has his head screwed on.)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        A bit of a wake-up call to many of the other chasers though.

(Not wxman, he has his head screwed on.)
        So did at least one of these. Which is what makes it so shocking.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There were 3 experienced weathermen when this one was 'thrown'. They all got out alive

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            There were 3 experienced weathermen when this one was 'thrown'. They all got out alive

I would have thought that that a vehicle used for storm chasing would have a full roll cage, full harness seat belts and crash helmets.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              I would have thought that that a vehicle used for storm chasing would have a full roll cage, full harness seat belts and crash helmets.
              They probably will be now.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                And parachute & stratospheric oxygen in case you are sucked up a la Dorothy & Toto

Comment

Working...
                X