• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small claims against a garage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small claims against a garage

I went to a garage on Sat to get tyres rotated and the muppets managed to cross thread one of the wheels nuts putting in, end result is I need a new frigging hub !

Garage who did it said the nut rusty mmm I dont believe them as all the others were fine, I dont recon they manually tightened them first before using the air as I was there when they did in the waiting area and heard him shoult 'stop', so he must of realised after the first one.

Everyone makes mistakes but the garage are blagging it saying not there fault, I spoke to my usual guy who does my car and he said its near impossible and in all his years he hasnt seem the make of my car with a cross thread.

The garage who did the damage are being no help, to be frank I dont want them near the car anyway. I was wondering though would I get far just billing them for the work needed to fix and could I push this through small claims ?

Spoke to my garage about it and they
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

^ I spot 8 spelling and grammar mistakes.

Can anyone find more?

Comment

....couldn't give a tulipe?

Look it's like this. It's called life.

tulip happens. Garages **** up, and then don't give a tulip. Same with builders, delivery people, DFS, etc etc.

The AA changed my wheel once and buckled the alloy. Did they give a tulip? Nope.

No one gives a tulip.

Capiche?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Can anyone find more?
        I may be more picky, but I reckon that there are at least 20.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I may be more picky, but I reckon that there are at least 20.
          I wasn't counting the bits that didn't make sense

Comment

Can anyone find more?
            I got to 10 and stopped counting.

Comment

Can anyone find more?
              I got a broken arm at the moment so typing with left hand which is not my typing hand, so can I be let off ?
              I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                I went to a garage on Sat to get tyres rotated and the muppets managed to cross thread one of the wheels nuts putting in, end result is I need a new frigging hub !

Garage who did it said the nut rusty mmm I dont believe them as all the others were fine, I dont recon they manually tightened them first before using the air as I was there when they did in the waiting area and heard him shoult 'stop', so he must of realised after the first one.

Everyone makes mistakes but the garage are blagging it saying not there fault, I spoke to my usual guy who does my car and he said its near impossible and in all his years he hasnt seem the make of my car with a cross thread.

The garage who did the damage are being no help, to be frank I dont want them near the car anyway. I was wondering though would I get far just billing them for the work needed to fix and could I push this through small claims ?

So what if there are fooking spelling mistakes!?

To the OP, the garage has a 'duty of care' when you hand your car over to them and are paying them for a service ie changing the wheels around.

I suggest you speak to the garage manager \ owner and tell him they have a 'duty of care' and they have damaged your wheel which needs repair. Tell them you expect them to fix it or pay to have it fixed at a garage of your choice.

I'd also recommend you get any agreement from them in writing.

If they dont or wont agree to fix \ pay for the car to be fixed, you need to go through any disputes procedure the garage have before going to the Small Claims Court. The SCC needs to be satisfied you have tried all means to reach a solution with the garage before resulting to using them.

Make sure you stand your ground and are not being unreasonable in what you ask ie over inflated costs etc.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I got a broken arm at the moment so typing with left hand which is not my typing hand, so can I be let off ?
                  Like a firework? Yeah, sure!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Should you be driving with a broken arm?

Sounds dangerous

Comment

Working...
                    X