• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private PM for clever web thingy gurus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private PM for clever web thingy gurus

Does anyone see an issue with this site

Lambdapower - Partsearch - NGK Bosch UK and Worldwide mailorder

If so could you elaborate - as I called it a bit "agricultural" and the owner is getting defensive (I was only trying to give helpful feedback as a customer)... to me it looks a bit Y2K
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Does anyone see an issue with this site

Lambdapower - Partsearch - NGK Bosch UK and Worldwide mailorder

If so could you elaborate - as I called it a bit "agricultural" and the owner is getting defensive (I was only trying to give helpful feedback as a customer)... to me it looks a bit Y2K
    Its a bit Web1.0
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks like a template based upon a table with a hyperlink in each cell (and an occasional pic). Also not visually pleasing (all the Government websites spring to mind).

Having said that, it may be fine for the customer base. If your selling parts, you don't need glossy visuals (or do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Looks like a template based upon a table with a hyperlink in each cell (and an occasional pic). Also not visually pleasing (all the Government websites spring to mind).

Having said that, it may be fine for the customer base. If your selling parts, you don't need glossy visuals (or do you?)
        +1. Its a poor design but it works so why change it for the sake of it.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Originally posted by eek View Post
          +1. Its a poor design but it works so why change it for the sake of it.
          Good points and I suspect the owner has the same view

If you run Firefox and you add to the cart - does it allow you to enter detail in the Your Name Address form?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ugly websites make MONEY!!! FACT

eBay - one of the UK's largest shopping destinations

That website will never make money!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Its a bit Web 0.1
              FTFY
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Good points and I suspect the owner has the same view

If you run Firefox and you add to the cart - does it allow you to enter detail in the Your Name Address form?
                I know I'll be a host to fortune for saying this but get them to install Erro.rs - Javascript Error Management and these issues are identified.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Aaarggghhh my eyes!

Yes I do seem to be able to enter details in the name and address section, but if there were any reasonable alternative to that site I'd take it. Simply. Awful.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They said the same about this website too

CAR LEASING CHEAP LEASE CARS SALES CAR LEASING CHEAP BUSINESS HIRE DEALS

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X