• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teeth Whitening as a Business Expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teeth Whitening as a Business Expense?

By day I am a contractor like one or two here, but my new role requires me to be customer facing and it's been made clear to me my rotten black teeth won't cut it at this level.

Trouble is my night I am a Shane MacGowan tribute act, I play to backing tapes with my virtual band 'Pogue onMyown' where my real black rotten teeth make me stick out in this game ahead of other tribute bands here in Ireland such as 'ZZ Top of the Mornin', U2 Two, 'Lav Nacinood (the Irish Crooning Anagram)' and 'Earth, Wind For Hire' (not Irish).

Can I claim my teeth-whitening as a business expense through my limited and also claim for fake black teeth enhancer for my night job?

Also can I income-split with the other members of the band who are also me?
    Last edited by stek; 3 June 2013, 14:12.

Yes.

HTH BIDI

Comment

I got my piles done as a business expense because I need to sit in front of a PC all day.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yes.

HTH BIDI
        Dim is correct, but of course there would be a BIK.

The correct way forward is implants or gold teeth, engraved with the company logo, in which case they can be classified as a uniform and therefore an allowable business expense.

Alternatively, buy a Ford Transit van, and get in converted into teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Dim is correct, but of course there would be a BIK.

The correct way forward is implants or gold teeth, engraved with the company logo, in which case they can be classified as a uniform and therefore an allowable business expense.

Alternatively, buy a Ford Transit van, and get in converted into teeth.
          Why a BIK? White teeth are no use to me, I save loads on toothpaste and general hygiene - I have a girlfriend, thanks to Rohypnol. Can I expense the Rohypnol?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Why a BIK? White teeth are no use to me, I save loads on toothpaste and general hygiene - I have a girlfriend, thanks to Rohypnol. Can I expense the Rohypnol?
            It depends if she is an employee. I can certainly see how she would benefit.

Comment

Is your girlfriend wholly and exclusively for the use of the company? If that is the case stick the Roofies through and all expenses incurred by said gf if I was you.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can I claim my teeth-whitening as a business expense through my limited and also claim for fake black teeth enhancer for my night job?

Also can I income-split with the other members of the band who are also me?
                For some reason this reminds me of the black and white minstrel show

I'd say by all means claim for a set of sparkling new gnashers, and throw in a pair of big diamond cufflinks!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can this be moved to Business and Legal?

Comment

Can this be moved to Business and Legal?
                    We don't want to raise the bar too much - it'll scare off the newbies.

Comment

Working...
                    X