• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come to Germany to work and find love

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Germany to work and find love

Can't see a catch
    Germany has launched a £120 million drive to entice young workers from Britain to come to the country and work as apprentices by offering generous all-expenses-paid schemes.
    With the aim of plugging the skills gaps in Germany’s prosperous economy, Berlin will encourage hundreds of Britons aged 18 to 35 to take up the three-year apprenticeships.

Prospective candidates must be educated to ‘A’ level standard and will be offered the chance to come and work and study.

The package includes wages of almost £700 a month after tax, as well as 170 hours of language lessons thrown in for free, the Daily Mail reported.

The apprentices will have their moving costs paid for them, plus two expenses-paid visits home each year and training at one of Germany’s highly-esteemed vocational colleges.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

We've sent suity, FFS, what more do these people want?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

They must be wondering 'how did ve lose ze var'?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There are big skills gaps in NL too, especially in the high tech industry around Eindhoven, but also in the port of Rotterdam where they need metalworkers and semi-skilled logistics people. They've tried training the local unemployed, but that isn't providing enough skilled people, so they're looking further afield. Hint; they aren't looking for Media Studies 'graduates'.

Comment

A refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            A refund.

Comment

A refund.
              I think they would settle for an apology.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tighter border controls next time?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A refund.
                  Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I think they would settle for an apology.
                  We could just book it on the 'reparations' account.

Comment

Do they get free sauna entry and a monthly pass at Frau Sins
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X