• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Footballers Transfer Merry-Go-Round

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Footballers Transfer Merry-Go-Round

Last edited by SimonMac; 2 January 2014, 11:48.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Cesar to Arsenal imminent

Comment

Lots of talk about Cesc coming home to Arsenal, but as good as a player is he, I don't think we need him with Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere.

I am liking the sounds coming out about Julio Cesar, Ashley Williams and Victor Wanyama. Get those three for £25m, do we then have the balls for a £30m striker, Rooney?!

I both love and hate this time of year

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan, next years shirt sponsor is QuickQuid. I remember when we were sponsored by the likes of Knight Security, Hird Brown and Elsie's Tripe Shop, and now it's come to this....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Lots of talk about Cesc coming home to Arsenal, but as good as a player is he, I don't think we need him with Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere.

I am liking the sounds coming out about Julio Cesar, Ashley Williams and Victor Wanyama. Get those three for £25m, do we then have the balls for a £30m striker, Rooney?!

Will be interesting to see whether Arsenal will be active in the market this year. A lot of my friends are gooners and describe the previous 5 years like watching all your mates go out on the pull while you're stuck at home with the wife.

I have a lot of respect for the way Wenger has built his team, he hasn't spent a fortune and Arsenal have managed to pay off a lot of their debts. It is definitely time to see what Wenger can do with a bit of money behind him. If he can plug the holes in defence and get a decent striker, I think you could be contenders for the league in the next few seasons.

Comment

Looks like you have been living in a cave for the past few years.

I will tell you what will happen, Arsenal will sell a couple of players, maybe Rosicky and Arteta. They will then go and buy a bit part player off some lower ranked team in Spanish league or German league for about 10 million. They will then give away new contracts to some players and thats that. Wenger will moan that big spending sheikhs have driven up prices in transfer market and that he will nurture young talent for the future.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I will tell you what will happen, Arsenal will sell a couple of players, maybe Rosicky and Arteta. They will then go and buy a bit part player off some lower ranked team in Spanish league or German league for about 10 million. They will then give away new contracts to some players and thats that. Wenger will moan that big spending sheikhs have driven up prices in transfer market and that he will nurture young talent for the future.
              We've already released 15 players, which is saving about £350,000 a week off the wage bill, this is the first summer where we are not on tender hooks to find out who we are going to sell, and then make a last minute desperate dash to pick up some players. I am expecting 4 key signings, Keeper, Defender, Defensive Midfield and Striker, plus the usual influx of 15 years olds that we will release at 20-21.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

I think you are wrong this window. The stadium is nearly paid off, they have been consistently in the top four for the last x-seasons, now it is time to invest to start challenging for some trophies.

I have had a season ticket at QPR for too many year and spend a lot of time on the QPR messageboards. Apparently Arsenal were in for Cesar and Remy but have eased off on the latter since he got arrested for gang-rape. Remy is exactly the type of player you need, he is a clinical finisher and has the pace and vision to find the smallest amount of space.

Comment

Reports are that Arsenal have activated Fellini's release clause with a £22/24m bid (depending who you listen to), hope its true!

Comment

Reports are that Arsenal have activated Fellini's release clause with a £22/24m bid (depending who you listen to), hope its true!
                    We want him at Utd...

Comment

Working...
                    X