• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More tales of internet dating woe.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More tales of internet dating woe.

Just got off the phone with my God Daughter. She a nice kid, bit of a book worm I suppose but a good head on her shoulders. The problem is that she can be a bit naive at times.

Apparently some guy has been stalking her on Facebook recently, pestering her to meet up etc. He said in his bio that he was sporty, mid thirties and a successful business owner, so eventually she reluctantly agreed to meet him somewhere public last Sat eve. Some Chinese place IIRC.

Well apparently this guy was at least mid forties and by sporty he must have meant playing darts. This guy was a walking heartattack. She reckoned he looked like he hadn’t bathed in a week.

She said that he arrived late as his car had run broken down on the way in and since he wasn’t a member of the AA he had to join on the spot. Anyhoo, the waiter brought some menus and asked if they’d like a drink. So she ordered a G+T and he asked for a water, insisting on Tap, not bottled. As the waiter brought the drinks he informed him that we wouldn’t be wanting a starter. Apparently it’s a well known fact round by him that they hugely inflate the prices on the appetisers as that’s how they make their money. As far as I know, the lass isn’t a big fan of spicy food and so asked her ‘date’ what he would recommend. He said that most of the main courses looked overpriced for what they were and so she was probably better off with chicken fried rice and that he would order egg fried rice, chips and curry sauce.

As they were waiting for the food to arrive she tried to engage him in conversation. Like pulling teeth were her words. He wasn’t the most adept at small talk and preferred to stick to topics like how immigrants were ruining the country and how his business was suffering because people who couldn’t speak English were taking all the jobs. Some of his comments actually made her flinch. After the food was finished and the conversation turned muted with the two of them staring at the empty plates the waiter arrived and asked if they wanted the bill. It was at this point that he turned to her and enquired whether if he paid for dinner she would like to go back to his car for some action. She said that that wasn’t really a good idea as politely as possible. The bill arrived and he said that he needed the toilet. The girl said that she waited for about an hour for him to come back but in the end she paid the tenner which included a 10% tip and headed off home.

She says she got halfway home and he started ringing her in tears. Like I said she’s a good kid so she agreed to meet him in some pub so that he could apologise and give her the tenner for dinner back. She said that as soon as she ordered a G+T he flipped and started calling her a money grabbing whore. Once he turned on the water works again, she said she just left him there looking pathetic.

There are some strange guys out there ladies so be careful.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    As far as I know, the lass isn’t a big fan of spicy food and so asked her ‘date’ what he would recommend. He said that most of the main courses looked overpriced for what they were and so she was probably better off with chicken fried rice and that he would order egg fried rice, chips and curry sauce.
    Wot? No chutney?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Goodness.

I met my other half online (in sort of funny circumstances). Luckily he turned out to sort of match his bio.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
        Goodness.

I met my other half online (in sort of funny circumstances). Luckily he turned out to sort of match his bio.
        Well if you really are into fat geeks there are plenty more whales in the sea on CUK.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Well if you really are into fat geeks there are plenty more whales in the sea on CUK.
          LOL, I AM the fat geek. :-P

Comment

not a bad effort 8/10

Comment

Funnier than the original.

Go Pondlife! Go Pondlife!

Comment

Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                  Funnier than the original.

Go Pondlife! Go Pondlife!
                  Kind of agree, but dating your own goddaughter is bad form IMO.

Comment

I'm so glad to read this. It means there's someone out there who's worse than me.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Some of his comments actually made her flinch.
                    Haha. Go on, you can include some examples..

Comment

Working...
                    X