• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cretinous Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cretinous Agent

Just put my cv on jobserve, it clearly says Contract Only in big bold letters on both the profile and cv, 10 minutes later an agent from MSB :
    "Nice job for you, ASP.NET 2, ORM, XML, XSLT, AJAX etc etc, West london, great location.......35k"

my reply "fek orf you cretin, my c.v clearly says contract only, why waste my time with perm jobs that would see my wife and family living in a carboard box. What a load of old sh**"

What the fek do companies want.....skilled, experienced dev's but paying such a sh1te wage.

Surely they know the house prices and cost of living in and around West london.

Where do they expect their employees to live?

The agencies are no better, shouldnt they be guiding the client into paying a sensible wage for such a role.
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

I get that quite regularly. They always seem surprised when I turn down the 'chance for a fantastic permanent opportunity' and politely tell them I'm only after contract jobs.

Comment

Dart seem to be the worst at doing this
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
        I get that quite regularly. They always seem surprised when I turn down the 'chance for a fantastic permanent opportunity' and politely tell them I'm only after contract jobs.
        Why not consider a permie job? If the money is not bad, plus benefits, perhaps a good location, I would.

After all - many contractors are permies in disguise, although they won't admit it, with more than a year under their belt at the same "client".

I prefer being a contractor, but I'm not religious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          Dart seem to be the worst at doing this
          I once went after a Drat contract. The words @rse and elbow don't do them justice. Now they just send me stuff that is totally unsuited to my skills.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
            Just put my cv on jobserve, it clearly says Contract Only in big bold letters on both the profile and cv, 10 minutes later an agent from MSB :
            "Nice job for you, ASP.NET 2, ORM, XML, XSLT, AJAX etc etc, West london, great location.......35k"

my reply "fek orf you cretin, my c.v clearly says contract only, why waste my time with perm jobs that would see my wife and family living in a carboard box. What a load of old sh**"

What the fek do companies want.....skilled, experienced dev's but paying such a sh1te wage.

Surely they know the house prices and cost of living in and around West london.

Where do they expect their employees to live?

The agencies are no better, shouldnt they be guiding the client into paying a sensible wage for such a role.

There once was a dog called MINTON,
            who ate all the shuttle cocks.......

"BAD MINTON"

Comment

Originally posted by CommitmentISnotANissue
              There once was a dog called MINTON,
              who ate all the shuttle cocks.......

"BAD MINTON"
              oh dear
              whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
                oh dear
                You stupid wang

Comment

Why not say "Sure as long as I can work from home, that's the only reason I contract".

Of course that will never be approved, but lets say they went for it. You could then get a home contract and do the perm job at home, combining them for more monies =]

Always have a counter offer, something stupid that you know they will reject. You never know, one day someone silly may bite!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Why not consider a permie job? If the money is not bad, plus benefits, perhaps a good location, I would.

After all - many contractors are permies in disguise, although they won't admit it, with more than a year under their belt at the same "client".

I prefer being a contractor, but I'm not religious about it.
                    Oh I would if it was the right job at the right money. I meant the 'chance for a fantastic permanent opportunity' to be read as my sarcastic interpretation of the type of jobs being offered.

Quite agree, no point being religious about it. It's well worth taking a permie job just to get a shed load of free training and shiny bits of paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X