• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle Lane Smackdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle Lane Smackdown

About sodding time
    BBC News - Motorway middle-lane hoggers to face on-the-spot fines

I am sure all the lobbying on the forum has contributed. Does this now mean that when I tailgate the middle lane hogs, flashing my lights and sounding the horn until they move over, my wife won't shout at me anymore? If I take pictures of them while driving up behind them and send them in to plod will I get a commission?

No.
    But she'll find plenty of other things to shout at you about..

Comment

How about we make over (under) taking on the inside legal - it usually stirs the feckers from their slumber
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think it would help if they drew arrows pointing to the left lane with the words "use the left lane" every few miles.

People are a bit thick and need reminding of these things.

Mind you what's more dangerous are these idiots who drive a 90 mph and pull to the left lane for 30 seconds, out to middle for 30 seconds, out to 3rd lane, overtake, back to middle, pull into tiny gap in left lane, back to middle, back to 3rd lane, over and over. Rinse and repeat.

Better system is American, 55 mph strictly enforced use any lane you like.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          No.
          But she'll find plenty of other things to shout at you about..
          You being the expert on relationships and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Is that trolling? Drove (ah ha... ha ha...) me nuts over in Australia - 3 lane highways, low population density, but with people sitting in all 3 lanes doing within 5 mph of each other, with a maximum speed limit of about 60mph and most driving at about 55mph. What should have been nicely flowing, open roads, instead became traffic jams stretching back miles.

Oh, and everyone tailgating and cutting each other up.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              How about we make over (under) taking on the inside legal - it usually stirs the feckers from their slumber
              DP have you ever been to America, because the speed limit is often not 55 on big roads and people speed all the time?

The undertaking-allowed model seems common around the world, it's exactly the same in Dubai, but I don't like it. It seems far more dangerous to me - people both trying to move into the same lane from either side, etc.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                DP have you ever been to America, because the speed limit is often not 55 on big roads and people speed all the time?

I've been as far as (Royal) Wootton Bassett and then turned back.

Comment

I've been as far as (Royal) Wootton Bassett and then turned back.

flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange flange

A bit like MF then.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

The undertaking-allowed model seems common around the world, it's exactly the same in Dubai, but I don't like it. It seems far more dangerous to me - people both trying to move into the same lane from either side, etc.
                    My take on it, is that it's fine, as it makes you MORE aware, knowing you can be undertaken and overtaken.

I have driven quite a lot in the states, and it simply makes sense, as does their turn right on a red light malarkey.

In fact, the states have got a lot of their driving tulip right.

Speed limit is 65 on most interstates now, and some states have no limits on the roads out of town.

Comment

Working...
                    X