• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think I'm in Scanners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm in Scanners

They moved me to another floor last week as they needed my desk for an intern.

They've now got me sitting next to some Brummie who seems to spend most of her time speaking loudly on the phone. I think my head might explode.

Why can't they only hire people with nice accents like wot I have, or even some of the Scots have?

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    or even some of the Scots have?
    wot Glaswegian ?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      They moved me to another floor last week as they needed my desk for an intern.

They've now got me sitting next to some Brummie who seems to spend most of her time speaking loudly on the phone. I think my head might explode.

Why can't they only hire people with nice accents like wot I have, or even some of the Scots have?
      This is why the good lord gave us ipods
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        This is why the good lord gave us ipods
        We have a very, very, very feckin noisy saffer here. I pray to the good lord of Bose noise cancelling headphones, and the, often, dulcet tones of, currently, Muse...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          We have a very, very, very feckin noisy saffer here. I pray to the good lord of Bose noise cancelling headphones, and the, often, dulcet tones of, currently, Muse...
          Tell me about it - I work in an office full of 'em. Forgot my earphones yesterday and gave up trying to actually get anything done.

Comment

I just play Rammstien very loud, it helps me concentrate.
            Open plan offices are crap places to code in.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Tell me about it - I work in an office full of 'em. Forgot my earphones yesterday and gave up trying to actually get anything done.
              Oh God yes, that awful feeling on a Monday morning after a 3 hr drive down South, that you have forgotten your ipod and will have to face the working week with out any means to drown out the feking noise

Comment

Yep, forgot my [insert generic mp3 player here] this morning - after looking at it and my headphones and thinking "got to put that in my bag for the gym later".

Although, looking around the office, I'd be the only one wearing headphones and blocking out the world. I can already see someone raising a comment about it. And now she's decided that, when not droning on in her annoying accent, she has to sit there constantly nibbling away on some really crunchy nuts, celery, raw carrots and assorted "healthy" (not to my sanity) snacks, with her mouth open.
                Last edited by Ticktock; 5 June 2013, 11:11.

Comment

Revenge is a dish best served by sitting at my desk and opening up the really stinky sandwiches I made for myself today, instead of going to sit outside and eat.

A selection of cured and spiced meats with a nice garlic cheese. Now I have to find an excuse to turn and breathe heavily in her direction (trust me, there's no natural reason to do that).

Comment

OH God there's a chap next to me who cracks his knuckles all the bloody time. It goes right through me.

Comment

Working...
                    X