• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgages 101

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgages 101

With the new rules in places, for the first time in my life, I have found interest in mortgages.
    Assuming a generous London daily rate of 500GBP/pd what sort of mortgage does that entitle me to?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    With the new rules in places, for the first time in my life, I have found interest in mortgages.
    Assuming a generous London daily rate of 500GBP/pd what sort of mortgage does that entitle me to?
    Entitles you to nothing. You may be eligible for something though.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This is going to end in tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        This is going to end in tears.
        Yes, he has already used '/' in addition to 'p', where one of them is clearly superfluous. I wouldn't lend money to someone like that.

Comment

What's your deposit?

Have you done a budget planner?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            What's your deposit?

Have you done a budget planner?
            And how often do you intend to bleed your radiators?

Comment

This will depend on what your deposit is but more importantly, what is affordable to you on a monthly basis after calculating all essential outgoings.

As a contractor, you have 2 options. Firstly you can either work off your limited company salary and dividend figures or net profit and salary depending on which bank you approach. The second option is to work off your daily rate. Lenders that are sympathetic to contractors will take your daily rate - multiply that by a 5 for a 5 day week and then multiply that by 48 to assume you give yourself 4 weeks off a year.

Comment

Ah, well. The 'London' daily rate [per day] would make all the difference.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Up to 600k

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Yes, he has already used '/' in addition to 'p', where one of them is clearly superfluous. I wouldn't lend money to someone like that.
                    P-p-p-per day.

Boy has a stammer. Leave him alone, you bully.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X