• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best cheap tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cheap tablet

Looking for a tablet and dont want to pay over the odds for my modest rquirements which are:
    1. 9" screen or thereabouts
    2. download for later watching of a couple of movies
    3. download of 2-300 songs from Youtube
    4. Modest use as an E reader

SD slot might be nice

any suggestions gratefully received

Avoid the cheap ones - you'll be disappointed.

Work out what your budget is going to be and then get the best one in that range.

I'd have a look at the Nexus 7, although that doesn't meet your requirements on a number of levels
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Nexus 10

It's cheap for what you get!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Work out what your budget is going to be and then get the best one in that range. ..
        double it

I hate cheapskates - You misers drive the quality of everything down for the rest of us!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You all sound like my husband. I suppose I should have known better than to come on here and ask for cheap computer equipment. However thanks for the advice. I tend to buy expensive for most things - shoes, woodworking tools..... I guess technology is no different. Hubby won't discuss anything that isnt an ipad. He is an Apple fanboy.I'll have a look at the Nexus 10.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
            You all sound like my husband. I suppose I should have known better than to come on here and ask for cheap computer equipment. However thanks for the advice.
            This forum is terrible for computer related advice of any kind.

It's great though on stuff like farming, relationships and sofas.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              This forum is terrible for computer related advice of any kind.

It's great though on stuff like farming, relationships and sofas.
              and gl/radiators
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                  You all sound like my husband. I suppose I should have known better than to come on here and ask for cheap computer equipment. However thanks for the advice. I tend to buy expensive for most things - shoes, woodworking tools..... I guess technology is no different. Hubby won't discuss anything that isnt an ipad. He is an Apple fanboy.I'll have a look at the Nexus 10.
                  If you're looking to use it on the go, then I'd look at the 7 rather than the 10.

For ages I waited for a decent Android 10" tablet (having bought a crappy one which died - never have I been so overjoyed to see a gadget die after about 7 months!). Now I realise that I probably should have gone for a Nexus 7 instead.

You could also consider the Kindle Fire HD if you want the slightly bigger tablet. Downside is that you're not using stock Android, you are stuck with Amazon's half-arsed app store with much less choice. I'm sure you could root it and go back to a pure Android version though if you search around.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Work out what your budget is going to be and then get the best one in that range.

I'd have a look at the Nexus 7, although that doesn't meet your requirements on a number of levels
                    This.

Brother's partner bought a cheapie and asked me why it wouldnt do such and such. Plus, it felt as solid as a wet lettuce leaf.

IMO, you get what you pay for.

Wife has Nexus 7. Good but a little too small for me.

I have the Acer iconia A 510. Excellent machine, nice 10" screen. If I was buying now, I'd go Nexus 10.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X