• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much for car maintenance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much for car maintenance?

Just a bit of a straw poll really - how much do you typically pay maintaining your car per year? (Apparently - according to the Audi garage) a stone has put a hole in my air conditioning unit which is going to cost me 650 to fix. magic. on top of this I paid 600 for service and mot last november which brings this year's spend on a 7000 car to £1250. Which seems a bit fkin expensive to me.

any comments? (apart from "don't buy audi")
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect
    Just a bit of a straw poll really - how much do you typically pay maintaining your car per year? (Apparently - according to the Audi garage) a stone has put a hole in my air conditioning unit which is going to cost me 650 to fix. magic. on top of this I paid 600 for service and mot last november which brings this year's spend on a 7000 car to £1250. Which seems a bit fkin expensive to me.

any comments? (apart from "don't buy audi")
    Don't buy Audi.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
      Audi garage
      I think that part of your post says it all.
      I gave up on main dealers many moons ago. Too expensive and poor quality work (except the Honda garage).
      Find a good reputable independant garage.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I would say that for a 'proper' car i.e. one you can take on the motorway without all the rivets shaking themselves out, about £600. That's pretty much a service/MOT plus tyres.

Audi servicing and parts are extortionate(?) though. Suposedly you're paying for quality - I've had four in the past and only had problems with one though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
          I think that part of your post says it all.
          I gave up on main dealers many moons ago. Too expensive and poor quality work (except the Honda garage).
          Find a good reputable independant garage.
          I have not had a single issue with my Lexus dealership. My wifes Jaguar runs smooth too.

Comment

Originally posted by CommitmentISnotANissue
            I have not had a single issue with my Lexus dealership. My wifes Jaguar runs smooth too.
            You are Threaded and I claim my £5.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              You are Threaded and I claim my £5.
              claim what £5? for what?

Comment

Originally posted by CommitmentISnotANissue
                I like it, owns up to wife having good tatse in cars whilst own taste is poor.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

My local BMW dealership charges £160/hr for labour. Nice.

Comment

I drive a 250 bhp sports car, the first service was £140
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X