• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An interesting article for MS Sufferers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting article for MS Sufferers

BBC

The disease is caused by the body's immune system thinking that myelin is a foreign body like a flu virus.

Researchers at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine developed a technique to retrain the immune system.

They took blood samples and coupled white blood cells, a part of the immune system, to fragments of myelin. This was injected back into the patients to make them tolerate myelin.

The researchers said the therapy appeared safe. The study was too small to prove whether it benefited patients, but the researchers did report a calming of the immune reaction.
    I really hope this is the beginning of the end for this horrible disease.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I thought this was a thread about the return of the start menu in the new version of Windows
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I thought this was a thread about the return of the start menu in the new version of Windows
      WHS
      Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Good to see research in MS but this is just one theory of many, truth is no one knows the how / why of MS, such as is the Myelin damage the cause or the symptom?

I lost a lot of faith in the MS Society when I realised that they are funded by the big drugs companies & as such they only seem to like drug based solutions & will not consider other options, but that’s a different soap-box for another day
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

any new knowledge is welcome its a terrible disease.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X