• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Genius

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genius

Plane crashes to earth, gently

indeed so simple
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I seem to recall it completely fooks up the plane's airframe when deployed so is an expensive but useful one time only system
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I seem to recall it completely fooks up the plane's airframe
        More or less than falling out of the sky?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I seem to recall it completely fooks up the plane's airframe when deployed so is an expensive but useful one time only system
          Though plummeting to earth in a huge fireball doesn't do the plane's airframe any good either.

Would it work on an Airbus?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            More or less than falling out of the sky?
            less than a controlled descent to earth -I thought all pilots were taught to keep an eye out for forced landing sites as part of their training.... but it could have been a catastrophic failure of summat rather than an engine cut-out

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Though plummeting to earth in a huge fireball doesn't do the plane's airframe any good either.
              Would a parachute help in that situation anyway?

Comment

Heard a plane crash once. Outcome not so good unfortunately.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If all systems failed on my plane, and I was given the option of deploying a chute to save all on board, but fook the plane, or all of us die hitting the ground at 180 mph, it wouldn't be the trickiest decision in the world to make.

Comment

Working...
                  X