• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rise of the protein drinks for ordinary people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rise of the protein drinks for ordinary people

BBC News - The rise of the protein drinks for ordinary people

I've been trying to convince my wife of the value of this for a while now.

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    BBC News - The rise of the protein drinks for ordinary people

I've been trying to convince my wife of the value of this for a while now.
    I would have thought drinking protein was a necessary criteria for wifedom
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I used them for years while doing a lot of hard training, but I can't imagine why the average bod would need them or how he/she would benefit. Hate to be dull, but a 'balanced' diet would probably be better for most people.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why can't they make a "balanced diet drink"? Just gulp down one of those each morning, and you're free to live off bacon sandwiches for the rest of the day.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Why can't they make a "balanced diet drink"? Just gulp down one of those each morning, and you're free to live off bacon sandwiches for the rest of the day.
          It would probably taste bloody awful.

Comment

It makes me laugh when I go to the gym and you hear some young lads going on about their protein shakes. Quite often they've had a half arsed workout and somehow expect these magic shakes will make them into the Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I would have thought drinking protein was a necessary criteria for wifedom
              And to be inclusive, after licking the chutney spoon and putting it back in a gent could wash it down with a mango lassi.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                It makes me laugh when I go to the gym and you hear some young lads going on about their protein shakes. Quite often they've had a half arsed workout and somehow expect these magic shakes will make them into the Hulk.
                They might turn into hulks if they have the right genes, many years of training for several hours four times a week and are lucky enough to avoid the chronic injuries associated with developing muscle mass faster than tendons, cartilages, bones and the nervous system can keep up. Even then, they probably won't be as strong as weightlifters, shotputters or rugby front rows, and pound for pound they'll never reach the strength of gymnasts and ballet dancers.

Comment

Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Why not just steroids, much easier
                    Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Working...
                    X