• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More RBS issues?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More RBS issues?

Logged onto my Halifax account

"Issue with RBS Group payments 06 Jun 13

There has been an issue this morning (6th June) with standing order payments destined for accounts at RBS Group due to issues at RBS Group. These payments have already been re-credited to Lloyds Banking Group customers’ accounts and will show on customers’ accounts as being paid and re-credited today. The payments are now being re-sent to RBS Group today. No customer action is required and payments will be re-submitted on 7th June."

Batch failed?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Batch failed?
      Sounds like it.

But I'm sure their back-up/recovery coped...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Had the same issues. Payment for 4k gone awry too yesterday...

Comment

Anyone expecting payments into Cater Allen might be affected by this as they use RBS as the processing bank for their in/out payment process.

Are RBS really that badly bob'd that they can recover and re-process a batch file?
          Last edited by bless 'em all; 7 June 2013, 07:54. Reason: speeling

Comment

I bank with Natwest and recently they have been awful to deal with.

I won't go into details, but suffice it to say after many years of trouble free banking, and getting mercilessly pricked about I submitted a formal complain to them.

The reply came back that it would take 10 working days to process.

So 4 weeks later I get a letter addessed to me, but with a Mrs Xxxx in the salutation

It said they had been trying to call me, but kept getting voicemail and they need more info. This voicemail, on my UK number goes

Hi, I'm working in Germany from Monday to Friday, please call ++49 ....... if it's urgent.

Shows how hard they were really trying

So I wrote to them, asking why the letter was addressed to me, and yet had Mrs Xxxx in the salutation, and it truly was for me they could call me on +49 .... etc etc

That was about 4 weeks ago

I've had countless problems with online banking, online payments etc etc which is of great inconvenience when you can't go down to the branch in person.

SY02 does her best, but sometimes they need me there too, to sign stuff.

It just feels like the whole establishment is creaking at the very seams.

I'm seriously looking to get away from them.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm with NatWest and its all good and groovy here
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I'm with NatWest and its all good and groovy here
                <placeholder = "SimonMac">
                FFS Natwest ......

</placeholder>

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I have business RBS account and they failed to pay DD to VAT, I got a fine from HMRC, but I wrote a letter a with screenshots from DD page and they removed the fine.

Comment

I had a letter from RBS yesterday informing me that my email address on their system was wrong so they couldn't notify me of my latest statement, I don't recognise the one in the letter and the address showing online is correct which was confirmed by both telephone and the little digital lady helper on the screen. Neither knew why the letter had been sent?

Having previously been a victim of identity theft where 3.5k disappeared from my account I was suspicious about the letters origin but the contact number and web address stated are genuine.

On top of that I had a letter from Nationwide only last week where I was refused for a lone I hadn't applied for, I'm starting to think the loons who keep their money under the mattress aren't so daft after all.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X