• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never pass up a free screw on the street.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never pass up a free screw on the street.

Like it says.

Today's offering was a nice bright plated M8 machine screw, almost new, one careful owner, never raced nor rallied.

Yesterday we had two stainless steel nuts, with antishake washers in M10, along with a socket cap screw in M8.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Like it says.
    Today's offering was a nice bright plated M8 machine screw, almost new, one careful owner, never raced nor rallied.

Yesterday we had two stainless steel nuts, with antishake washers in M10, along with a socket cap screw in M8.

Do you think that somewhere there are 2 x stainless M10 screws feeling a bit lonesome?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I always pick up any little screw, nuts and bolts etc I see in the street. Poor little things need a good home. Still not sure who left a lot of brand new galvanised nails on my wall last week.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've got a large box full of odd screws, nuts and bolts. One day I'll sort them all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I've got a large box full of odd screws, nuts and bolts. One day I'll sort them all out.
          That's just weird. They belong in a jam jar not a box.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
            It's a big box, I'll sorth mine out one month.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think you're all nuts, with more than a few screws loose..

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Freak!

Family selection biscuit tin shirley?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

That's just weird. They belong in a jam jar not a box
                  No they don't! you unfeeling person - they belong in proper storage trays, each sorted exactly according to function, size etc. And they should all be given names so they feel wanted.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I too collect "free screws" never used one yet though... Do you think its a mental illness that us IT folk are more prone to?

Comment

Working...
                    X