• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gents, a call to action!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents, a call to action!

Following on from other threads in which ladies and gents expressed opinions on the clothing of their partners or potential partners, I have decided it is time for action.

It has for some time been apparent to me that clothing for ladies is often designed by gentlemen who have very little vested interest in the beauty and style of said ladies. It seems that many fashion designers are of French or Italian persuasion, with a preference in amorous matters for other gents, rather than the usual preference for the fairer sex. While I would not be so presumptuous as to condemn another man's sexual preferences, this state of affairs has obvious disadvantages. In the selection of ladies to model the clothes, designers with names like M. Jean le Pouffe, Sr. Giovanni Di Omo en that Scots dressmaker, Mr Alexander McDougall (I think) tend to select ladies whose body resembles that of those unfortunate people who suffered such dreadful hunger in the Biafra conflict. Not very attractive to most gentlemen, and indeed in the bedroom, a solid thrust from behind would, I feel sure, lead to said lady being launched out of the window and suffering considerable injury, which is somewhat counterproductive to the aims of building a solid, trusting relationship. As well, the clothes themselves are rarely designed to complement the female form so beloved of gentlemen, and indeed this necessitates the selection of more and more formless models.

I have also noticed during my informal observations of ladies, that there are many ladies who might wish to be advised by a sartorially educated gent on clothing that is desirable. Unfortunately, while visiting a party yesterday evening, I noticed two ladies wearing 3/4 length white leggings, another lady wearing a shocking pink dress, entirely unsuited to her ample proportions, and a young, otherwise attractive lady wearing Uggs. I propose to the gents of CUK that it's high time we take action to remedy this situation. It is my aim to compile, in this thread, a collection of stylish, tasteful and elegant (some of you might need to use a dictionary for those words) ladies' clothing as an example to the ladies of CUK, showing how we would wish a lady in our company to dress. I must stress that suggestions must be, as we say, strictly 'SFW' and tasteful. There's nothing wrong with clothing that exhibits the beauty of a lady, but it should do so in a way that makes her feel confident and respected in all her interactions, while complimenting the curves of the female form.

I think that a group of largely heterosexual gents can do a better job of clothing the modern lady than the prancing queens to whom I referred earlier, so come on chaps, let's show that we know better, and inspire the ladies who may wish to spend the proceeds of their last invoice in the boutiques this weekend. Just to show there's no shame in discussing frocks, dresses and skirts, I'll start with a little combo the good Lady Tester recently purchased, modelled here by the delightful Ms von Teese.

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 7 June 2013, 07:49.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Here's my take on a jaunty summers outfit....

1/10 Belongs in the one-a-day thread, with a few more pictures like that.

Comment

One or two of the aforesaid mentioned designers might even have said the they prefer young men to model their women's clothes as they had 'better designed bodies'.

Amongst other things...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Here's my take on a jaunty summers outfit....

1/10 Belongs in the one-a-day thread, with a few more pictures like that.
        Bit confused, what does the one a day thread mean?

BTW, shouldn't have started looking for images of beautiful women wearing lovely clothes. Not this early, not wfh.

In for a long day....

Comment

And since I'm rather taken by this I will rely on the arbiter of taste MTT and move to One-A-Day any images he deems not in keeping with the spirit of the thread.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            One or two of the aforesaid mentioned designers might even have said the they prefer young men to model their women's clothes as they had 'better designed bodies'.

Amongst other things...
            Yes, shocking. This does not benefit the ladies and certainly doesn't add to the aesthetic value of one's daily observations.

To encourage more suitable use of the thread, here is another example. In this case we see a lady of feminine proportions, wearing a challenging yet thoroughly decent red dress to display her voluptuous form.

yes I would

Comment

Where is the one a day; I am confused! Or does it mean I am only allowed to post 'one a day'?

I hope not, as I have found an image that is wonderful. Sexy, but not rude.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                And since I'm rather taken by this I will rely on the arbiter of taste MTT and move to One-A-Day any images he deems not in keeping with the spirit of the thread.
                Could you do the honours with the skimpily dressed young lady posted by Mr Old Hackdonald? No disrespect to said young lady, but it's not in the spirit of things.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 7 June 2013, 08:49.

Comment

Where is the one a day; I am confused! Or does it mean I am only allowed to post 'one a day'?

It's in 'Light Relief'

Comment

Good grief, you don't get out of General much, do you?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...-day-nsfw.html

Comment

Working...
                    X