• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Car Owners trend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Car Owners trend

Cars are like pets - look at the choice and you know who is the owner. Ignoring the sad fact that some contractors on this board actually drive Rovers, here is what we have:

1. Yellow Lamborghini - threaded: great car, great man.

2. Pink Merc SLK 220 - DimPrawn aka Gentle Bender, enuff said.

3. Black Mitsubishi Pickup L200 Animal - shaunbhoy: big car was meant to make up for his obvious deficiencies...

4. Pearl Blue PUG 307 HDI (2l diesel) - AtW: trendy car that makes it obvious that this cool dude got good taste

What is your car? Be honest!

I drive a Prius as it is good for the environment and everyone in Hollywood drives one.

Comment

5. 4x4 Skoda badged POS - milanbeanes: that's worse than buying Rover

Comment

I get too much abuse when I mention mine, but it's a small green hatchback. It's convenient and cheap to run. I can't say that I care much about cars, beyond practicality, and reliability.

Fungus

Comment

Just inherited a Brown(sable) Arnage T with "Saddle" interior. I'm in lust.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Ignoring the sad fact that some contractors on this board actually drive Rovers
            Oi! There's nothing like reliable value! Most of your cars depreciate more a month than my car cost from ebay last year (1996 Rover 414SLi). Not only that it runs on nat farts so there's even less money to go to the treasury.

I spend my money on what matters - my family
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Cars! Yech. VAN
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I have a Renault Scenic (baby daughter), but I am still a permie so the BMW/Lexus/Merc will have to wait till I start contracting. Incidently my brother just bought a 4x4 merc 6 years old for only £13k not bad it looks very new.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
                  I have a Renault Scenic (baby daughter), but I am still a permie so the BMW/Lexus/Merc will have to wait till I start contracting. Incidently my brother just bought a 4x4 merc 6 years old for only £13k not bad it looks very new.

Yeah, what's the mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Yeah, what's the mileage?
                    The merc? about 60k. It had one female owner. He found it on autotrader it was a small garage that sold it.
                    Last edited by Diestl; 19 July 2006, 20:33. Reason: additions

Comment

Working...
                    X