PDA

View Full Version : Contractor Accommodation Services

Spacecadet
7th June 2013, 13:55
Contractor Accommodation Services – Contractor Hotels and Rentals Booking Agency Nationwide (http://www.wedotherest.com/)

Anyone used these guys before to sort out accommodation?

SimonMac
7th June 2013, 13:59
Contractor Accommodation Services – Contractor Hotels and Rentals Booking Agency Nationwide (http://www.wedotherest.com/)

Is it that hard to do it yourself?

cojak
7th June 2013, 14:14
Just make sure that they provide VAT receipts. (Expedia didn't when I used them to book business accommodation :tantrum:)

vetran
7th June 2013, 14:22
nice plan b!

bless 'em all
7th June 2013, 16:39

I have late-rooms on my favorites bar.

NickFitz
7th June 2013, 17:21
Probably end up sharing a dormitory with a team of shopfitters or bricklayers. That's the sort of contractor places seem to mean when they say "contractors welcome" :ohwell

RapidAccommodation
9th September 2013, 20:50
We are a new alternative to CAS. We have places all across the UK and they're all nice accommodation - no bedsits above takeaways!

We're quite a young business, so if you give us a try, I'd really appreciate your feedback. :smile

eek
9th September 2013, 20:56
We are a new alternative to CAS. We have places all across the UK and they're all nice accommodation - no bedsits above takeaways!

We're quite a young business, so if you give us a try, I'd really appreciate your feedback. :smile

i think you need to extend outside humberside

doodab
9th September 2013, 21:03
I have late-rooms on my favorites bar.

You don't need late rooms if you have a favourite bar.

RapidAccommodation
9th September 2013, 21:22
i think you need to extend outside humberside

Hi Eek, we have extended beyond Humberside now - we're doing accommodation across the UK for Total & TATA steel.

Have you ever used us/ CAS? I'd love to get your feedback.

amcdonald
9th September 2013, 21:45
I use quidco and then book through hotels.com, get a few free rooms per year that way and cash back

RapidAccommodation
9th September 2013, 21:49
I use quidco and then book through hotels.com, get a few free rooms per year that way and cash back

Sounds interesting. Don't think I've come across quidco before. Worth using then?

amcdonald
9th September 2013, 21:59
Sounds interesting. Don't think I've come across quidco before. Worth using then?

There's others, what they do is register for every affiliate scheme going and also arrange cash back through sheer number of users. They don't actually sell anything themselves

Just go to a cashback site, search for the site you want to buy from, click through to the site you wanted to buy from and probably months later you get the cashback. It's usually 4-12% cash back if sites do it which is better than nothing

RapidAccommodation
9th September 2013, 22:02
There's others, what they do is register for every affiliate scheme going and also arrange cash back through sheer number of users. They don't actually sell anything themselves

Just go to a cashback site, search for the site you want to buy from, click through to the site you wanted to buy from and probably months later you get the cashback. It's usually 4-12% cash back if sites do it which is better than nothing

Sounds good! Have to give that a try.

redgiant
9th September 2013, 22:11
Sounds good! Have to give that a try.

Been using Quidco for a couple of years ... managed to get over £500 in cashback on purchases (mainly insurance and the odd shiny toy). Be warned it can take many months to get your cashback paid depending on the retailer.

FiveTimes
10th September 2013, 06:49
I just did a quick search and got the following
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /homepages/2/d162575681/htdocs/rapidnew/send/enquiry.php on line 30

I think I will stick to laterooms and hotels.com

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 07:50
I just did a quick search and got the following
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /homepages/2/d162575681/htdocs/rapidnew/send/enquiry.php on line 30

I think I will stick to laterooms and hotels.com

Oops! Sorry about that - as I said we're a young business and still getting things right. I was upgreading to universal Analytics yesterday and inserted the code into one of the send files too by mistake.

Thank you for pointing this out though, it's greatly appreciated.

cojak
10th September 2013, 07:59
I'm just finishing a contract and leaving lovely accommodation just outside of Bingley.

My landlady uses spareroom.co.uk and mondaytofriday.com (she prefers the website of spareroom).

I was going to suggest rapid accommodation, but looking at the website I can't see how landlords enter their accommodation, so I didn't bother.

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 08:07
I'm just finishing a contract and leaving lovely accommodation just outside of Bingley.

My landlady uses spareroom.co.uk and mondaytofriday.com (she prefers the website of spareroom).

I was going to suggest rapid accommodation, but looking at the website I can't see how landlords enter their accommodation, so I didn't bother.

Hi Cojak, we don't allow accommodation owners to signup direct via the website. We're trying to be different by providing a really personal service, so we own some of our UK properties but the majority we seek out individually and vet them, to make sure they're of good enough standard etc.
We found when people could enter their own, we were getting a lot of 1* and 2*'s advertising themselves as 3* and 4*s!

If you could please let me know your landlady's details, I will give her a call (especially if you would recommend them?).

cojak
10th September 2013, 08:13
Hi Cojak, we don't allow accommodation owners to signup direct via the website. We're trying to be different by providing a really personal service, so we own some of our UK properties but the majority we seek out individually and vet them, to make sure they're of good enough standard etc.
We found when people could enter their own, we were getting a lot of 1* and 2*'s advertising themselves as 3* and 4*s!

If you could please let me know your landlady's details, I will give her a call (especially if you would recommend them?).

So why don't you explain that clearly on your site and encourage landlords to contact you?

(And my landlady is just as fussy as you are, she'll vet and reject 1* and 2* lodgers).

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 08:41
So why don't you explain that clearly on your site and encourage landlords to contact you?

(And my landlady is just as fussy as you are, she'll vet and reject 1* and 2* lodgers).

That's a good idea. I'll get that implemented on the site later today. Thanks!

Old Greg
10th September 2013, 08:44
That's a good idea. I'll get that implemented on the site later today. Thanks!

Do guests have to bleed their own radiators, or is that done for them? An important consideration with winter on its way.

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 10:11
Do guests have to bleed their own radiators, or is that done for them? An important consideration with winter on its way.

In our own accommodation we ensure that sort of thing is always taken care of. May be worth an email out to all of the accommodation on our books as a reminder though.

I'm not the only one that was freezing when I woke up this morning then!

SimonMac
10th September 2013, 10:20

+1

kevpuk
10th September 2013, 10:32
Will have a look....but, TBH, will have to be something special to drag me away from my Spareroom habit, Premier Inn Business account backup :eek and TCB/Quido random hotel bookings....

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 11:04
Will have a look....but, TBH, will have to be something special to drag me away from my Spareroom habit, Premier Inn Business account backup :eek and TCB/Quido random hotel bookings....

Well give us a try and see what you think! It's quite a personal service, so if you're looking for something difficult or you're struggling to find something, that's when we often convert people!

We've had requests like - I need somewhere for 5 guys, 3 nights from tonight in Avonmouth, and also need somewhere we can find a generator! lol (we try to help in whatever capacity we can!)

Old Greg
10th September 2013, 11:30
In our own accommodation we ensure that sort of thing is always taken care of. May be worth an email out to all of the accommodation on our books as a reminder though.

I'm not the only one that was freezing when I woke up this morning then!

That's great news. I don't expect 5 star service, but is it OK for me to have some tulips, and leave them behind in the room when I leave?

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 13:30
That's great news. I don't expect 5 star service, but is it OK for me to have some tulips, and leave them behind in the room when I leave?

Well we always try for 5* service. I think it helps set us apart from the competition.

kevpuk
10th September 2013, 13:57
is it OK for me to have some tulips, and leave them behind in the room when I leave?

:laugh

I think it helps set us apart from the competition.

:rollin: :facepalm:

northernladyuk
10th September 2013, 13:59
Well we always try for 5* service. I think it helps set us apart from the competition.

Is it just bed and breakfast accommodation, or could my hubby work from his room during the daytime?

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 14:11
Is it just bed and breakfast accommodation, or could my hubby work from his room during the daytime?

No, it's not just B&B; we do Self Catering, Hotels, Room Shares (even Caravans). Whatever people need/want really.

northernladyuk
10th September 2013, 14:17
No, it's not just B&B; we do Self Catering, Hotels, Room Shares (even Caravans). Whatever people need/want really.

That sounds really handy as he can do a lot of his work by Skype and I like the idea of him having budget options like caravans! Would there be insurance problems if he needed to meet clients face to face on the premises?

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 14:30
That sounds really handy as he can do a lot of his work by Skype and I like the idea of him having budget options like caravans! Would there be insurance problems if he needed to meet clients face to face on the premises?

I'm not sure to be honest. It's something we can look into for you though.

Does he work all over the UK, or mainly in one area?

northernladyuk
10th September 2013, 14:32

He goes wherever the work is to be honest, but don't put yourself to any trouble as he's on the sick again at the moment.

RapidAccommodation
10th September 2013, 14:39
He goes wherever the work is to be honest, but don't put yourself to any trouble as he's on the sick again at the moment.

That's no problem. Hope he's back better soon.

If we can be any help in the future though just let us know :smile

alreadypacked
10th September 2013, 14:41
Originally Posted by RapidAccommodation

The Pantomine Dame, avatar should give you a hint here :bluelight

northernladyuk
10th September 2013, 14:57
The Pantomine Dame, avatar should give you a hint here :bluelight

You cheeky minx!

Ticktock
10th September 2013, 15:17

I thought he normally found a lot of work in areas near docks and naval yards.

eek
15th July 2015, 10:20
I'll bump this as I have to say they are very good.

Sorted out a room for the contract I'm not accepting that was £30 a night less than other sites. And happily processed the cancellation even though I've never technically earned them any money.

I will be using them in future...

barrydidit
15th July 2015, 10:54
I'll bump this as I have to say they are very good.

Sorted out a room for the contract I'm not accepting that was £30 a night less than other sites. And happily processed the cancellation even though I've never technically earned them any money.

I will be using them in future...

+1 Used them a month or so back, couldn't be faulted. Oh, except they couldn't help me when I wanted to book for a weekend in London - they're only any use for midweek stuff. :happy