• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you drink too much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you drink too much?

Take the test:
    Alcohol: are you addicted?

Post your result!

You are drinking too much and need to change your habits. Return to the previous questions. If your answer was yes in questions 4, 5 or 6, you may well be addicted to alcohol, or about to be. You need to cut down on your drinking - now!

Many of the people I know (in the pub) would score much higher on that test than me. I don't consider them alcoholics.

I got the same, though having dinner in the pub while working away seems to be a factor - I don't drink anything like as much when I'm based at home.

Cheers!

Comment

You are drinking too much and need to change your habits. Return to the previous questions. If your answer was yes in questions 4, 5 or 6, you may well be addicted to alcohol, or about to be. You need to cut down on your drinking - now!

I didn't answer yes to 4, 5 or 6. The trigger from no probs to the result obtained was ticking the 5-6 units in a day when you do drink. 3-4 was perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Only answered yes to one of the three - but I could probably have easily answered no to it as well.

There's a bit of a theme developing here isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          There's a bit of a theme developing here isn't there?
          Yes - we should have a pub get-together. Seems we'd all get on like houses on fire

Comment

I don't appear to have a problem. But I did give myself the benefit of the doubt on some of the answers.

Comment

I am going to fake it and see how sober you need to be to "pass"
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I don't appear to have a problem. But I did give myself the benefit of the doubt on some of the answers.
                Quite right - how do you expect me to remember if I fell over and hurt myself last year? It was ages ago, and anyway, I was pished!

Comment

OK, it looks like you can have (one of) the following (answers given for Q8-10):
                  • Six drinks three times a week (4,3,4)
                  • Four drinks more often as long as you only go over 6 units three times a week (5,2,4)
                  • A massive bender twice a month (3, 5, 3)
                  • A pint of scotch four times a week (5, 1, 5)

As long as you answer no to all the other questions except the one about being nagged by your other half.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You probably don't have any big problems with alcohol, but it would not harm you to cut down anyway!

I obviously need to drink more.

Comment

Working...
                    X